Recent content by nwinter

1. N

Item vs. ItemType??

I must admit, I do not fully understand the difference between Item and ItemType in your Software. I assumed I would create an ItemType like "1H Swords" and then I could have "Sword 1", "Sword 2", "Sword 3", etc. But why do I only have ItemTypes that I can pick up? It should be possible to pick...
  2. N

How to add an item by pressing a key?

I found the mistake! I used the wrong collection. Now I use the one, that is specified in the players SetManager: ufps_itemCollection = player.GetComponent<ItemSetManager>().ItemCollection; ufps_ItemType = ufps_itemCollection.ItemTypes[0]; ufps_inventory = player.GetComponent<Inventory>()...
  3. N

Hey Justin, Thanks for the answer. That was my first thought. But I can't get it done. Can you give me the one line that assigns an item type? I tried something like ItemCollection.ItemTypes[x] etc... But that does not get me what I need. Maybe I just can't see the wood for the trees.
  4. N

I found this by the way, but it only works when I specify an ItemType in the inspector and I don't want that. https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/inventory/ The plan is to get the ItemType by giving it a String like "Sword" and it finds me the correct ItemType...
  5. N

Hi folks, let's say I wanted to write a script that does the following: add a Sword to the FPC inventory and equip it directly when pressing the button "L". The script is attached to the player. How can I get the Sword item without having to assign it in the editor? I would like to get an item...
  6. N

Inventory Pro

Hi all, for me it's the same. Rucksack might be great for Multiplayer and flexible and what not. I don't doubt it. But for those who have Inventory Pro it is a real pain! Inventory Pro covers a completely different area than Rucksack. In comparison with InvPro Rucksack looks really weak and to...