Recent content by motomax

1. M

Shoot direction in simple top down movement type?

Ok, I solved it myself, I just had to override the UseIndependentLook bool. So if anyone needs a simple top down movement type without camera involved hence camera movement is ignored - the character just looks in the movement direction I'd compare it with the classic Zelda movement You might...
  2. M

Shoot direction in simple top down movement type?

I made this simple movement type based on the Top Down movement type. In a top down scenario, the character moves with WASD or one stick AND looks in the movement direction: public class OneAxisTopDownMovement : MovementType { public override bool FirstPersonPerspective { get { return...
  3. M

Generic rig player and die ability

Thank you, that did the job. Both transitions have to have the exit times deactivated.
  4. M

First Person and Third Person fire point not aligned

Many FPS developers definitely go for the 8-layer option when it comes to muzzle flash origins, it's just easier to maintain and few gamers will complain. This doesn't include any ballistic weapons such as rockets and grenades where it is easier to "hide" the real origin of the projectile.
  5. M

Split Screen Setup

I didn't know that I have to align the monitor rect transforms to the resp. camera view ports (e.g. cam 1: monitor rect transform left: 960px, in Full HD). You should add this information on your split screen doc page.
  6. M

...and the after-die transition:
  7. M

Hey guys, I have a certain problem with this setup. It is playing the die animation twice. The second time starts right after the respawn. Can you help me understand it? thank you very much in advance! Best regards, Max
  8. M

How make Static Camera

I just added another camera. If the new cam is lower in hierarchy, it "overrides" the player controller cam. You can also increase the depth of the static cam to override the other cam. However, the controller still needs the player cam (which generates cpu traffic) or the LocalLookSource script...
  9. M

Experience with homing / heat seeking missile-like projectile?

Hey guys, is there any workaround on this topic already, or would that be a custom task? Thank you very much in advance, Max
  10. M

Top down orbit strafing

Hi there, sorry, just another question, I haven't found a clue yet: I have 2 player controller, one with gamepad, the other one with mouse/keyboard input. I want them to constantly strafing/orbiting around each other, i.e. in combat mode looking to each other like cowboys or spiders :) I'm...
  11. M

Top Down Local Multiplayer camera

Thanks a lot. In the end I added an extra camera which "overrides" the camera controller cameras in the hierarchy and uses a script to do the multi-target magic.
  12. M

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. The game is ONE camera total, with 1-4 players in an arena. No splitscreen. This one camera should always show all players. How can I solve the "missing look source" exception, as I can assign only ONE character to the camera controller?
  13. M

Hi guys, I just started with TPS, I am a dev with extensive knowledge, but I do not understand how to setup a top down game with local multiplayer functionality (i.e. 2 characters, one controlled by gamepad, the other one by mouse/keyboard). I would write a simple camera script on my own (which...