Recent content by mostlyhuman

1. mostlyhuman

Getting outofmemory error

I am using 2019.3.15, I rebooted my machine and the errors went away which didnt really make sense to me since restarting Unity several times didnt fix the issue. I will post again if the errors resurface for me.
  2. mostlyhuman

Here is another seemingly related error, its preventing BD from working when I hit play so i am stuck like chuck :) ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing repaint Aborting UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at...
  3. mostlyhuman

No idea why. If i close unity and reopen the project the error pops back up almost immediately OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory System.Array.CreateInstance (System.Type elementType, System.Int32[] lengths) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0) System.Array.CreateInstance (System.Type...
  4. mostlyhuman

Possible bug with editor variables changing upon click

When I assign the value in the editor through my script and then hit play it still remains at 0. Any ideas there? Or do I just need to have it assign at runtime only? What is strange is it will update to 20 after i hover on it, but then for some reason it just reverts back to 0 if i click...
  5. mostlyhuman

Thank you, It still has the same issue, it seems like a bug.
  6. mostlyhuman

Here is a simplified version of the code producing the issue: public class NPCController : MonoBehaviour { [ReadOnly] [SerializeField] protected float loseInterestDistance; protected SharedFloat loseInterestDistanceBT; InEditorInspectorButtonMethod() { behaviorTree =...
  7. mostlyhuman

Accessing existing shared variables in a task

One more follow-up question, is there a way to create new variables in the main variables tab from code within a task? I am wanting to create an initialization task that sets up common variables that would be placed at the root of each tree. and if so what would the syntax difference be to...
  8. mostlyhuman

abc123 you are killing it with support! thank you, this was exactly what I needed and so glad to have you around to help!
  9. mostlyhuman

sorry never got this sorted, I dont think I explained it correctly. In the Variables tab area say I have a variable called Target that is a sharedGameObject. If you have a task that takes a sharedGameObject called objectToUse, you can click in that task's Inspector window, and to the right of...
  10. mostlyhuman

Astar question

To convert the existing navmesh based tasks to A* do we just need to derive from IAstarAIMovement instead of NavMeshMovement and the methods and properties are the same?
  11. mostlyhuman

How to iterate through a shared list?

Doh, okay I get it now, thank you so much abc123, your support is awesome and I am very grateful for your help!!
  12. mostlyhuman

How to iterate through a shared list?

I have created a shared list variable called SharedAttackEvent which has several properties one of which is a float called attackProbability. In a new Task I have created a SharedAttackEvent attackEvents and in OnStart() I am trying to iterate through all of the attackEvents in the list to add...
  13. mostlyhuman

Keeping external/internal lists in sync, or iterating through a sharedList?

Thank you so much, that worked perfectly and easily!! :-)
  14. mostlyhuman

Keeping external/internal lists in sync, or iterating through a sharedList?

I have a list in an external script that I need to initially copy to a behaviorTree shared list variable on Start, and then keep them in sync if something from the list changes during runtime in the external script. It would be one directional from the external list to the BT shared list. I...
  15. mostlyhuman

How to jump to part of tree when boolean changes value?

Thank you abc123! Must appreciated.