Recent content by lubaszj

1. L

Third Person Controller and Playmaker raycast problem

Hey, thanks for that reply. That's very good advice. I'm going to take it. I'm walking away from this thing for a couple days to get some air, tho. I'm at that point where I'm realizing that this project is going to be like everything else I've ever tried to do without having any idea what I'm...
  2. L

Here's the issue that currently has me at a stand still.. I'm trying to configure three enemy AI behaviors to work in coordination and independently depending on the situation. I'm creating a "Line of Sight", a "Field of View", and a "Range of View." The "Line of Sight" is a Look At/Raycast...
  3. L

Thank you for the reply. I took your advice and applied the raycast to the enemy itself. This solved the issue. I was trying to stick to the tutorial instructions and that's why I was trying to do the raycast from a child object. Oh, well. I achieved the same objective with a bit of finagling, I...
  4. L

Ok, so I solved the raycast line issue. The raycast from the enemy now follows the target player consistently. However, the issue has now become that the enemy character itself never faces the direction that the raycast is pointing. It just sits stationary. I have the raycast object as a child...
  5. L

Hello, I am using Third Person Controller with Playmaker and I'm following a nice tutorial on Youtube. The tutorial calls for a "raycast" action using Playmaker. I have set a "look at" action for the "enemy" character to focus on the "player" character and that is working just fine. However when...
  6. L

Adding audio to an animation?

This has been very helpful info. Thank you. I'm just gonna be totally honest as it's probably already glaringly obvious.. I'm new to both Unity as well as the Opsive Third Person Controller asset. It's like I got a new tool and I just want to fire it up without reading the manual. I should...
  7. L

Adding audio to an animation?

Hello, I am trying to understand how to add audio to an animation. More specifically, I am following the Third Person Controller tutorial on Youtube and I have given a pistol to the model. However, when I fire the pistol, it does not make a sound. I have tried adding an audio source and audio...