Recent content by KO_Games

1. K

Move With Object Ability

Hi Justin. I had a question about the move with object ability in version 3. It was my understanding that we didn't need to use kinematic objects anymore with version 3. In the documentation for the move with object ability, it doesn't mention the need to use these. However, it seems in the...
  2. K

Character Moves At Different Speeds At Higher FPS

All good! Thanks for letting me know Justin. I would upgrade to version 3, but I'm too far into development in my current game. Probably will pick it up for my next game though. Been using the controller for years now, and it is amazing! Took me a little while to get the hang of it, and I...
  3. K

Character Moves At Different Speeds At Higher FPS

I'm using version 2 of the third-person controller. I set the controller to use the Update loop instead of fixed update due to a few issues I encountered in the past with cameras not moving smoothly when using fixed update. One thing I've noticed though is that the character will move slower...
  4. K

OnExit (OnAbort) branch or sequence Logic

@Justin I tried to copy the code from the sequence into a new script so I could add some custom logic to the sequence without editing the original sequence task script. However, I noticed that OnConditionalAbort never gets called in this duplicated script when connected to the tree. If I add a...
  5. K

What might be nice is if there was a way to execute some task or a series of tasks by using an OnConditionalAbort with the sequence.
  6. K

I love working with behavior trees over state machines for the most part, but one thing that I haven't quite figured out how to solve in a nice way is something like an OnExit to be triggered when a sequence gets aborted. For example, let's say you have a simple tree with a selector that is...
  7. K

Teleporting Issue

Wow, thank you both for the responses! I tested out both of those responses, and I was still getting the same problem. I decided to test my character in an empty scene with a brand new Opsive character and found that it was not experiencing the same issues. After removing components from my...
  8. K

Teleporting Issue

Hi, In my game, I am currently coming across an issue every so often when trying to teleport my dead character to the start of the level. I'm using the Opsive 3rd-person controller. My character is using Update instead of Fixed Update on the Ultimate Character Locomotion. Game is locked to...
  9. K

A*Pathfinding Align to Ground

Thanks, Justin for the response. I know you are super busy. Is this something that you might have time to look at in the coming weeks? Or is this most likely months out?
  10. K

A*Pathfinding Align to Ground

Hi Justin, I'm using behavior designer with the A* pathfinding movement pack integration. I have an AI character that I'm trying to get to align to the ground when moving up slopes. See image. When I add the align to ground ability to the character that is being controlled with the A* AI...
  11. K

Move With Object Ability Causes Weird Rotation Bug with AI Character

Hi, I'm trying to use the move with object ability with an AI character, but when the ability starts for the AI character the characters rotates and shakes a bit weird before settling down in a certain position. After which the AI character can then move just fine with the platform. To...
  12. K

Third Person Wide Character Turns

For anyone else that has this issue the way I fixed it was by changing the movement type to top-down, changing the previous acceleration influence to 0, and then increasing my character motor acceleration speed to compensate for the decrease in overall speed (as a result of changing previous...
  13. K

Third Person Wide Character Turns

I'm using the Third person controller with a top-down angled view. No mouse movement is used. Only keyboard or controller. One issue that I'm having is that the character movement feels a little wonky when changing directions. When the character turns he makes a pretty wide turn. If you...
  14. K

Stamina Decreasing While Stop Movement Animation Ability Active

It looks like I might have been able to fix the issue. I had the speed change ability updating the stamina attribute. Instead, I just created a preset on the attribute Manager for speed change and when that was active I set the correct update values. I then unchecked the bool for the auto...
  15. K

Stamina Decreasing While Stop Movement Animation Ability Active

Hi @ChristianWiele Thanks for the response! I tried out those suggestions with the state system, and I feel like I've gotten pretty close. However, I'm finding that the state system does not revert back to default values when changing states. For example, if I have a SpeedBoost preset that...