Recent content by jmartin664

1. J

Use items without equipping them

Okay I have added my spells to a new category and am trying to cast them using new Use keys for their different action IDs. They are all in off hand slots with the sword on the main hand but for some reason they will not activate the Use item ability when i press their keys.
  2. J

Use items without equipping them

I am trying to cast different spells without having to equip each one at runtime. For example I would like my character to be able to cast a fireball without switching from his sword by pressing the "1" key. What is the best way to go about doing this?
  3. J

Emerald AI Integration

Couldn't find where anyone had made the opsive spells damage emerald AI. Here is a custom ImpactAction I made that will damage an emerald AI with the opsive bridge attached. Just select it as the impact action when setting up the spell. using System.Collections; using...
  4. J

Dropped item still in inventory

I think I figured it out, seems a little buggy still but I think the problem was when I made a custom item pickup I used more than just the object mesh. I used the completed prefab to make the item. I remade it using only the mesh and added the rest of the prefab after. Seems to work better now...
  5. J

Okay I understand, and yes I am using the demo Drop item ability. That is what I was wondering about but if thats how it works thats fine with me. But the character is able to seemingly drop an infinite number of the item. if I left click after dropping the item the character just pulls out...
  6. J

I am trying to drop an item to be left behind with the potential to be picked up again. I am dropping the runtime pickup item. When I use the drop item action the item is dropped to the ground and can be picked up again but nothing ever leaves the "Item" prefab attached to my character and I can...