Recent content by jandd661

1. J

Player Not Dying When Health <= Zero

The attribute manager can be used for many things like Heath/stamina (as in your case), ability cooldowns, shield recharge to log out timers. It's a handy, and central, place to store those values that has the boiler plate code with some useful utilities like Auto Increment already completed...
  2. J

The "Health Attribute" is not directly responsible for triggering any events. Think of an attribute as a variable. The Player Health script is responsible for killing the player when the health attribute reaches 0. However, the player health script only checks the attribute value when it is...
  3. J

Sorry Daniel. I see now. In your original post you said you set the "state" Take a look at this page: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/attributes/health/ You object should access the PlayerHealth and apply the damage or just call health.ImmediateDeath()...
  4. J

So health is 0 and player ragdolls? Sounds like death to me. From there I think you just need to use the state/events system to figure out what to do with the body. Or am I missing something?
  5. J

can't see public variables

The Opsive scripts have editors attached to them. It would be necessary to change the associated editor script as well. It is better not to change the Opsive scripts rather make your own that displays what you are interested in.
  6. J

EONIA

What a great game. I'm glad to see it doing well on Steam. Also, your other games are very impressive as well.
  7. J

Adjusting speed and foot effects when crouched

It is the default in the demo scene. I just adjusted the Min/Max Volume values of the SurfaceEffects for FootstepsOnTile, FootstepsOnGrass, Dirt, Metal, Sand, Water and Wood. The volume on ORG-toe_R and ORG-toe_L would never change from the default 0.4. After sniffing around in the...
  8. J

Adjusting speed and foot effects when crouched

Greetings, I too am having this issue. The pitch is randomized but the volume never changes. I'm implementing a stealth movement and need the the volume to drop. I could implement my own script but what appears to be intended behaviour in the SurfaceEffects does not seem to work. Unless I'm...