Recent content by imaethan

1. imaethan

Poor performance

But how do I access that property in my enemy script? I can set it but not get it, GetValue returns an object.
  2. imaethan

Poor performance

How would I check the value of a Shared Variable bool in my C# enemy script? GetValue()? I'm looking at the Accessing Variables documentation but it only has information on setting values.
  3. imaethan

Poor performance

So I've used SetVariableValue in my enemy script instead of "Get Field" in the behaviour tree. Instead of comparing the field value I'm now setting the shared variable for Alive in my enemy script then using Compare Shared Bool. Is this a better way? Yeah, that's done it. Replaced all the...
  4. imaethan

Poor performance

Is it possible that you have an example of a C# equivalent of the reflection task? Or can point me to something in the documentation?
  5. imaethan

Poor performance

So I'd be better off putting the compare field values/bools and stuff into their own task script or? Confused by "C# equivalent" here. Apologies for me being dumb, I'm quite new to behaviour trees.
  6. imaethan

Poor performance

Do you happen to have any screenshots of your behaviour tree so I can get a better idea of where I'm going wrong? I'm just using tasks from the movement pack so they're not my own. Also I don't see individual tasks under the BehaviorManager.Update in the profiler. So for example I'm best off...
  7. imaethan

Poor performance

This is with 50 enemies enabled. From looking at the screenshot of the tree itself, does it look to be setup correctly?
  8. imaethan

Poor performance

So I've been testing performance recently and noticed in the profiler that when there's a decent number of enemies enabled the performance tanks, due to BehaviorManager.Update(), it's 30 - 40% of Update.ScriptRunBehaviourUpdate. Any tips on optimising my behaviour trees? I've attached a...
  9. imaethan

Have an AI hear an instantiated sound

Hey, I'm struggling to have my AI hear an instantiated sound prefab. I've set the target objects to the prefabs but the AI doesn't react to them. Any help would be much appreciated.
  10. imaethan

Change speed while pursuing

Thanks for the help! :)
  11. imaethan

Change speed while pursuing

I have an enemy AI that gets slower when it's on lower health. The problem is that if it's pursuing it won't slow down until after it completes pursue then starts a new pursue when the player moves away.
  12. imaethan

Enemy not going back to pursuing if the player moves away

Thank you for the help!
  13. imaethan

Nice! Another question if it's okay to ask you here... If I want to interrupt pursue when the enemy dies, how do I do so? Right now the enemy will keep pursuing even when they're technically dead. Then once they reach the player they will die once pursue ends.
  14. imaethan

The seek and destroy branch. I seemed to fix it by adding a repeater above the first selector. Though is that not the way I should do it?
  15. imaethan

So I'm having a bit of trouble... While patrolling if my enemy see's the player he will start pursuing, then once he's close he will attack. Only problem is after I move away he just stands there attacking. How do I go about making him start pursuing again? Any help would be much appreciated.