Recent content by Guido

1. G

Camera / Movement Type Help Please

Thanks for this. yes your camera is quite fast so that wouldn't work for me. Ive just uploaded a second video with just pressing 'S' to turn around. You can see that the camera gently follows and eventually catches up. Link here. I'm putting together a proof of concept currently so I best not...
  2. G

Hi Dank, I think you might be misunderstanding my objective. I have posted a small video of the same behaviour link here on youtube. Christian has given me a link to a page on view types which points me towards creating my own view type with this behaviour. Im assuming its the rotation...
  3. G

Thank you. I'll get on to this.
  4. G

Hi, apologies for the stupid noob questions again. I'm trying to do the following. Ive done some searching and following the documentation but haven't resolved as yet. (I'm using the third person character controller) I want to use the third person character controller to have a character go...
  5. G

Where's Demo? Where's Nolan?

Apologies for the idiot questions.
  6. G

How to implement wandering behavior concisely?

Could you use the Wander and select a specific location to go to using the movement pack alongside the A* Pathfinder? (It would probably still require a pop up map for the user to click the location). Is there a description of each of the Movement pack tasks?
  7. G

Character falls through floor after set up

Thank you, Im getting closer now with that video as it doesn't mix the demo up in the settings like the YouTube videos do. Im not there yet but thank you for your time.
  8. G

But the videos can't be followed exactly because as you say, the demo part of the set up should be ignored, and using the demoStateConfiguration as shown in the video in the state configuration is wrong. I think one of the issues in the videos is to explain when / why to use the demo and when...
  9. G

The Set Up project tells you to add the buttons and layers and shows the hierarchy I mentioned above, so I assume I ignore that the hierarchy isn't there because as you say that is only for the demo (in the video they are described as the default layers, not a demo and mentions that this is all...
  10. G

Ok thanks, so I ignore the Project & Scene Set Up video and start from the Third Person Character Creation? The Third Person Character Creation mentions a previous set up video which is shown as the Project & Scene Set Up video in the YouTube Playlist so I assumed I need to follow that process...
  11. G

Thank you but Im still having issues. I'm working through the process multiple times to just check Im not missing anything. In the video you've linked to, it references a previous video which I assume is the Project & Scene Set Up video. This Project & Scene Set Up video shows the...
  12. G

"unable to select the third person perspective. if you'd like to create a third person character ensure the third person controller is imported"

No, Ive selected third, but I'm doing a new install / setup to see how far I an get again.
  13. G

Where's Demo? Where's Nolan?

Ive done a search and found Nolan and added it to the hierarchy. I see a demo editor in the project list but not a demo manager. is this the same thing but the name has changed?
  14. G

Hi (again) Ive set up the Nolan character (found in the demo folder) and have set this up with the existing character in the character manager and updated. I press play in the game view but the character falls through space. I don't see any step in the instructions to detail how to stop...
  15. G

"unable to select the third person perspective. if you'd like to create a third person character ensure the third person controller is imported"

I have imported and installed into my scene the Third Person Controller. But I get the above warning when setting up the character in the character manager. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this? Thanks