Recent content by Grailmoth

1. Grailmoth

Whole formation strafe while pursuing player

I sent you a message with a link to a unitypackage where I have the problem reproduced. Watch the difference between the arc task and my controlled arc task, I'm also noticing that with my task the non-leader agents do not rotate to match the rotation of the leader, but with the arc task they...
  2. Grailmoth

Additional info: I tried setting WaitToMove to false on all my agents and that didn't help. They still make the formation but don't go anywhere. If I delete all agents accept for the leader, then he moves towards the target immediately.
  3. Grailmoth

So, it seems like waitForAgent gets stuck as true. There is a for loop starting on line 324 for (int i = 1; i < formationAgents.Count; ++i) { if (!pathStarted[i]) { pathStarted[i] = formationAgents[i].HasPath; } if (!pathStarted[i] || (moveStatus[0] == MoveStatus.Wait &&...
  4. Grailmoth

Upping the acceleration worked pretty well. Thanks! I'm trying to write my own formation, and what I want to achieve is an arc that always faces away from Vector3.zero. What I've done is to take your code for the arc formation and modified the TargetPosition method as you said. After getting...
  5. Grailmoth

I'll look into creating a new formation then. Is there documentation on how to do that somewhere? Doing a quick search I see some documentation on conditional tasks and action tasks, but no formation task. I can get started looking at those two, and maybe that will give me enough to start. If...
  6. Grailmoth

Update speeds of all agents in formation at once

Awesome. Thanks!
  7. Grailmoth

For what it's worth, I am trying to use the formations pack to arrange space ships into formations and fly them around a transparent 2D navmesh plane. I want them have behavior similar to drones, where all members of the formation move pretty in sync with each other.
  8. Grailmoth

Update speeds of all agents in formation at once

When playing around with the problem I am facing described in this thread (link) I found myself wanting to update the speeds of all of the agents in the group at once, rather than having to go in and update each member of the formation individually. Multiselecting and modifying the properties...
  9. Grailmoth

I actually do want the agents within the formation to rotate themselves to face the correct direction. What I don't want is for the shape of the formation to rotate. I want the triangle/wedge to stay pointed a certain direction. Is there a way to control to rotation of the formation shape? I am...
  10. Grailmoth

I have purchased behavior designer, and the movement and formations packs. I am trying to achieve an effect where the enemies chase a character while in formation, but I don't wan't the formation to rotate while pursuing. I would rather have the whole formation "strafe" side to side. Say the...