Recent content by CToia

1. C

Trying to not let an attack interrupt movement

I have the below behavior tree for my player. Individually, Input: Attack and Input: Movement work fine (i.e. if I click one or the other). However, I want to be able to attack while moving. When holding a move button, if I click an attack input then the player stops in his tracks and then...
  2. C

New input system support?

Interesting to know I'm the first! Yeah I'm playing around with using it for controlling my character as I want the ai and my character to share a lot of behavior tree nodes so thought I would also see how well it handles input. I've just starting writing my own conditions and tasks for the new...
  3. C

New input system support?

Does behavior designer have support the new input system? I'm trying to get a key down event node happening but it seems to all be for the legacy input system. Thanks
  4. C

Debugging poor performance on this tree

Yep you're right, the profiler showed it was a GPU issue. I didn't realise I had stable diffusion on in the background but this pointed me to the right direction. I put my tree tick rate back to each frame as my AI works a lot better there.
  5. C

Can't quite get PropertyMapping for external trees on a prefab working

Sorry for the delayed response. I got back into looking at this and can see I hadn't added a getter and setter to my speed property... it works great now. Thanks!
  6. C

Actually, rather than keep them in sync, I will use GetVariable and SetVariable. I think I was unnecessarily trying to find a sync state.
  7. C

My speed variable is coming from a script component (Character) which is on the same game object as the tree. I've tried $"{nameof(Character)}/{nameof(speed)}"; but it doesn't work. I don't get any errors. Is there some other way to get the full path of the script component or a way around this...
  8. C

I've made some progress. Here is my updated CharacterUnitBase script (which is extended by Character, which is the script component that is attached to my prefab): public abstract class CharacterUnitBase : UnitBase { public ScriptableUnitBase UnitData; // Reference to ScriptableUnitBase...
  9. C

Great, thanks for your suggestion @Grannyboy. This has solved my issue for now. If my behavior tree is shoddily setup then I'm sure I will run into issues again in the future but it is smooth again for now.
  10. C

I am trying to set some variables such as sharedSpeed for an external tree that is on an prefab. When my prefab is created (at runtime), I have this which pulls the stats from my scriptable, sets the values and then maps them to the behavior tree component on this entity: public...
  11. C

I have created a behavior tree for an AI that is in Search mode by default unless it sees an enemy, then it pursues it and searches its last known position if it loses sight of it. I am getting a lot of lag, so something (or multiple things) in my design are probably being called every frame...
  12. C

Check if variable is set or not equal to value

Great, thanks that works perfectly!
  13. C

Check if variable is set or not equal to value

I have a vector3 variable which holds the last sighted position of the player for an NPC. How can I check if this variable is set or not equal to 0,0,0? I plan to have the NPC walk to the last sighted position and then reset the variable if the player cannot be seen (and then go back to idle...