Recent content by Coder

1. C

How to open an ExternalBehaviour asset in BehaviourEditor via script

Thanks for answering. When using that code BehaviorDesignerWindow.ShowWindow(); BehaviorDesignerWindow.instance.LoadBehavior(behavior.GetBehaviorSource(), false, true); the Editor keeps opening the Tree, which belongs to the Behaviour component, that lives on the same GameObject, as my...
  2. C

How to open an ExternalBehaviour asset in BehaviourEditor via script

I'm working on an Inspector that lists ExternalBehaviour assets. Next to each entry in that list, I'd like to have a button that opens the corresponding BehaviourTree inside BehaviourEditor. How would I go about that?
  3. C

How to Hide Behaviour-Icon in Scene-View?

If someone else faces that issue, I changed the icon type in the gizmo list to "none". Works for me.
  4. C

How to Hide Behaviour-Icon in Scene-View?

I have unchecked the Option "Show BD Icon in the Scene" in BDs preferences as well as the Gizmos for "Behaviour, BehaviourTree and BehaviourTree Reference" in the list of Gizmos, yet I can still see the Icon in the SceneView on each GameObject with a Behaviour Component - even when removing the...
  5. C

Dynamic TreeReference?

Great, thanks! And a little follow-up question: would it be possible to move the "head" that points to the current task in the tree by code? So that once the head reaches Task-X the head jumps to Task-Y, which is located in a different branch?
  6. C

Dynamic TreeReference?

Would it be possible to swap a SubTree at runtime?
  7. C

Does changing a referenced Tree affect the external Tree?

That's very good to know. Thank you.
  8. C

Better Documentation?

I don't want to sound overbearing, it's just that, what I bought is at least in part an API and I believe that most coders came to expect a certain degree of documentation, which includes inline docs and may (like me) prefer those as an initial way of familiarization with the software. By now, I...
  9. C

Gain access to a task's parent (-task)

Hi, sure, assuming a static relationship between a task and its parent would be a bad idea. I've been interested in the ability to traverse the tree in composition, assuming that there'd be a way to do this, as is rather common for trees and their like, but I managed to find a workaround...
  10. C

Does changing a referenced Tree affect the external Tree?

When creating a new BT component and using it to reference an external tree, is it safe to assume that changes made to the tree inside the component will not be reflected in the external tree? So one would have to export the tree again to be able to make that modified version of it reusable -...
  11. C

Hi FastSkillTeam, I appreciate you answering - the thing is, what I need is to gain access to the task that is the parent of another task. I expected something like new MyActionTask().GetParentTask() Or is there any other way to traverse the tree? I'm asking, because I'd like to create...
  12. C

Better Documentation?

Note: to whoever cares, when creating a new node/task in the designer, one can click that node to get a short description, which helps quite a lot.
  13. C

How would one do that?
  14. C

Better Documentation?

I bought BT yesterday, and I've got to say, it's not making it easy to learn (beyond the very basics), which leads me to the following Questions Are there Inline Docs yet to come? Is there another way to see what every class does, or at least an overview for existing Tasks? For example, right...