Recent content by chrisabrams

1. C

Demo Scene cannot use any weapons or abilities

Oh you have to still do the initial setup for the demo scene? That fixed it, didn't realize you needed to setup the project for the scene. Figured it was already done for you.
  2. C

Demo Scene cannot use any weapons or abilities

Created a new project and opened the demo scene. Using Unity 2020.3.16f1. Left and right mouse button perform no actions, crouch/sprint/jump do not work, cannot toggle weapons picked up. Trying to assess what this controller can do but demo scene not working as expected. Please advise?
  3. C

First Person Arms Animation Controller will not save

If I create a new character and make sure to assign the animator it works; its only when editing that it doesn't work. At least on my end (2.3.5) I am able to reproduce this quite easily. As for your question on the prefab vs an object in the scene, one thing I have learned playing with the...
  4. C

Why is Assault Rifle not showing up in 3rd person?

Following the 3rd person item creation: The item is correctly assigned to the right hand, but it is not visible. What settings should be checked?
  5. C

First Person Arms Animation Controller will not save

I'm trying to add the FirstPersonArmsDemo animation controller to the character I'm working on. I will select it, then hit "update character", but when I reload the character the animation is not saved. What else needs to be done? What I do: Then when I re-open the character:
  6. C

Creating item but item parent not being saved

After watching the video a few more times, it was not obvious to me you had to hit the "add" button under each section.
  7. C

If I edit the item, then close the character manager, open the character manager, and then open the item, none of the changes I made are saved.
  8. C

I also noticed it's not saving the consumable item definition either :O
  9. C

I'm following this video: Trying to create the Assault Rifle item like the video describes. However, when I choose Item Parent, and then eventually build the item, the Item Parent is not saved and if you load up the Item later, it says "The first person Item Parent field does not specify a...
  10. C

Creating First Person Base Arms?

Watched the videos on first person items. I used the demo model's first person arms for the moment. Wondering if there are any standard practice for taking an existing model and creating the first person base arms?
  11. C

Struggling to get character controller to work.

I did the scene part, but I missed the project tab. That fixed it, thanks!
  12. C

Struggling to get character controller to work.

Unable to get the character controller to work as intended. Here are the steps I have taken: - Made a new project in Unity 2020 - Added character model - Imported/installed Ultimate Character Controller - Tried creating a First Person Character following the video in the documentation: Unity...