Recent content by Chickenfield

1. C

Item Setup: Arms and Item invisible in Game View

Thanks Justin, I found my mistake. In the tutorial video, you dragged it into the hierarchy, and dragged that into the item manager. I dragged in the model from the project view, which caused the described behaviour. After looking it up I recall you helped me with that in the past already, but...
  2. C

That makes sense - I now tried to do the same: The screenshot is taken from the automatically spawned item which is located under Atlas/Items in the hierarchy. The item is also spawned under the assault rifle parent at runtime. So it seems to find both, the arms and the assault rifle parent...
  3. C

In the tutorial () it is stated that the field can be left blank if you don't want to use specific arms, and later in the video the arms appear when using the item. Sorry, I currently can't wrap my brain around that and have to ask again - please bear with me :) When creating the item as an...
  4. C

Thanks for the answer Justin. I used Atlas from the demo scene, and didn't add a separate first person arms model. I thought it would be handled by UCC if I created the item as an item prefab, so I left the First Person Base field in the Item Manager blank on creation. Should I have added arms...
  5. C

Hi! After only messing around with abilities so far, I've started playing around with items. After following the tutorials in a separate fresh project, I am now trying to set up my own weapon. I'm using UFPS v3.0.6 and Unity 2021.3.18f1. I'm pretty much re-using the settings of the assault...
  6. C

DesiredMovement does not consider vertical movement?

Thanks Justin, after moving my code to ApplyPosition it works as expected!
  7. C

DesiredMovement does not consider vertical movement?

Hi, I have an ability, which does two things. First, on AbilityStarted, the character is set to a moving platform (with m_CharacterLocomotion.SetMovingPlatform and not overriding the default moving platform logic). Second, in UpdatePosition() I set the DesiredMovement property, to a vector that...
  8. C

Getting the world position of the cross hair in specific distance

Thanks Justin, I've tried it and it works fine.
  9. C

Getting the world position of the cross hair in specific distance

Hi, Within an ability, I want to know the world position of the crosshair in a specific distance. For that, I've been getting the look direction and multiplying it by the distance (let's say 5), like this: var viewDirection =...
  10. C

Exception when creating prefab item

Correct, my model is located within the project and not in the scene. After putting it in my scene and then creating the item, it works as expected. Thanks!
  11. C

Thanks for the quick reply. Oh, sure, would've been easier than writing down my settings. There you go:
  12. C

Hi, I was playing around with v3 of the character controller and wanted to create an item prefab. So, following the documentation, I did the following in a fresh project with nothing but UFPSv3 imported: 1.) Added a new item type in demo collection, same settings as assault rifle: Categories...
  13. C

Character movement measurements?

Thanks, these were actually things I didn't consider. I'll see if I can work around that.
  14. C

Thanks for the input! That already gives me a way to go. But how can I measure this without having to manually do the jump?
  15. C

Hi! I'm currently tweaking the movement of my character. For that, I'd like to measure them. For example, I want to know how far he can jump, what is the max height he can reach and how much airtime is it. I'd also like to know this for other (custom made) abilites. I couldn't think of a good...