Recent content by Brent

1. B

BUG: Setting a variable through the Behavior Tree Reference task does not work properly if another BTR task set a variable with the same name

Your proposed workaround for the variable passing feature is very dangerous for complex projects: It is very error-prone and hard to debug as it's an invisible failure where a variable simply doesn't receive a new value. It is impossible to use the same external tree twice in a higher level...
  2. B

BUG: Setting a variable through the Behavior Tree Reference task does not work properly if another BTR task set a variable with the same name

Alright, we got it! This took a long time, but we identified that the bug happens when you have 2 levels of subtrees through behaviour tree references. You can verify this by just running the sample scene, and you will see in the log that both ObjectA and ObjectB will have a reference to...
  3. B

Wouldn't you know it, I put together a sample project and I couldn't reproduce it either. I bet this happens a lot! We're going to integrate the source code in an attempt to debug what's going on in the main project. I'll be back when I have more info!
  4. B

I'm trying to use external behavior trees as building blocks that I can easily slot in and use for different characters with complex behavior - I don't want to rewrite "Move over there and pick up an object" dozens of times. So I frequently call external behaviors and set a simply-named variable...