Recent content by BigRookGames

1. BigRookGames

Mouse input sensitivity changes with framerate change

I plan to update to the latest version at some point.
  2. BigRookGames

High cycle time spent in animator

Is it expected to see GC and this amount of time spent in the animator updates? I am assuming the Animator.Update() is the unity side of things, but the GC and time spent seems really high here. I would guess the garbage comes from string searches from the animator events, but even 1ms on this...
  3. BigRookGames

It wasn't as easy as I had expected but I am also using a very old UCC build so not sure it is applicable to the current release. I changed the fixed time duration and tweaked all of the physics and scaled some of the animation controller timing of the deterministic objects to adjust properly.
  4. BigRookGames

I might be missing something because to me it looks like the raw look vector mode is a straight CurrentLookVector = RawLookVector and i removed the time dependent pieces: /// <summary> /// Updates the look smoothing buffer to the current look vector. /// </summary>...
  5. BigRookGames

Question on changing states and preset values RT

I noticed the inspector changes the default values of the states when modified: /// <summary> /// Updates the value of the default state if the game is active. /// </summary> /// <param name="states">An array of all of the states.</param> public static void...
  6. BigRookGames

Question on changing states and preset values RT

How are the preset default values stored when a state applies a value to a gameObject? I have a few player adjustable settings that I would like to overwrite or override the values set in the controller. I can assign the value but it seems to change back to the default value once a state uses...
  7. BigRookGames

I am wondering if you have any insight into a problem I am facing regarding mouse sensitivity. I changed the update from fixed to normal update due to the fact that 60 fps update when playing at 240 fps is noticeable, after a few players mentioned it felt like mouse sens was at 60 fps. After...
  8. BigRookGames

Disconnect from navmesh and character

yeah, it's hard to see but I was referring to the navmesh position, which goes off onto the ramp. also seen here: turning update position on fixes it, but I was surprised it was moving closely to it without it turned on, which makes me assume that the behavioral D is updating the position...
  9. BigRookGames

Disconnect from navmesh and character

I am using a modified template on a character and the navmesh cylinder seems to move independently of the actual character. what might be causing this? I am using the standard "Patrol" block.
  10. BigRookGames

Character waypoints getting changed at runtime

I have a character that uses a moderately complex BH tree and currently it uses 3 waypoints that are children of the character, though I do not imagine the quantity of waypoints matters. When I go into play and check those waypoint game objects, they are in a different position and usually go...
  11. BigRookGames

What creates the joints and colliders on UCC Character hierarchy?

which component creates the colliders on the skeleton parts? My main character is good to go but any enemies I create using the controller don't have the colliders or joints set on the body after I set them as a UCC character. I see that the base UCC example character Nolan has these as well...
  12. BigRookGames

Assigned layermask value in behavior designer doesn't match value used in code

I'm having an issue where the ignore layer mask value on the "Can See Object" block that is assigned through the Inspector tab of the editor isn't being used in code, as when I assign that field to a layermask it doesn't match the value in the inspector, causing my enemies to shoot through...
  13. BigRookGames

Delay on click and use on shootable weapon

changed some config and code around and got it down to 0.01428 seconds
  14. BigRookGames

I created a new project and updated the controller to the latest, still feel the delay a bit: in my own project i timestamped a bunch of the events, and it seems like it triggers the event on the frame that it recognizes the click, at 2.4066 and then takes 4 cycles where it tries to use the...
  15. BigRookGames

I'll try that next