Recent content by andrewpmoore

1. A

Setting up a character with a gun and a grenade

I also keep seeing NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Objects.TrajectoryObject.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Objects/TrajectoryObject.cs:453) when I'm calling use ability on the...
  2. A

Thanks, any chance of a couple of screenshots of the Item Set Manager and the Item Abilities with how you are suggesting? Although the demo is great for showcasing all the features available it's sometimes hard to pick apart due to the amount of features in it
  3. A

Typically after days of looking into it, I tried a few more things and got it working! Just kept it simple with one item set with the gun in one hand and the grenade in the other.
  4. A

I've been trying to follow the instructions, watch videos and look at the demos for a few days now trying to get a simple scenario set up. I want two buttons on the screen "Fire gun" and "Throw grenade" I've managed to get the pistol and assault rifle to fire ok, but just can't work out...
  5. A

Using cinemachine and rotating the character

Click on the link here: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/integrations/cinemachine/ to get to the docs. Then at the bottom in the "downloads" section, click on the version of the product you have. Enter your invoice number and you should be able to download...
  6. A

I've found the link, but sent you an email because I can't get my invoice ID from the asset store validated to get the actual download. Scrap that, didn't realise it was different download pages per version so must have entered the invoice in from a different link
  7. A

I got the character handling working, but I'm still having trouble with cinemachine. On those instructions where is says "Import the Cinemachine integration package. " Where's that located, I can't find it anywhere.
  8. A

Ok, sorted that by switching off "disable cursor" and "enabled cursor with escape"
  9. A

Thanks for the cinemachine link. I'm making progress with creating my own MovementType to do most of what I need. What setting controls the players head direction? I just want it to always point in the direction the player is going?
  10. A

I've purchased third person controller today and I'm making good progress with it with the tutorial videos and trying to trigger the abilities. My game already has a basic character controller in it that I plan to replace with this. I'm currently using cinemachine with several virtual cameras...