Recent content by Ando5000

1. Ando5000

New Currency Setup from fresh scene

Thanks for looking into it. Starting fresh, after deleting everything worked. Replacing a currency, while leaving behind any of the demo currency, caused the editor to throw errors.
  2. Ando5000

It is expected to see error in exchange rates for currency that was removed. What is not expected is that we cannot fix it without deleting everything, since it will not allow you to press the exchange button to select a new one.
  3. Ando5000

Some bugs with the setup window after clearing out currency as well .\ Is this system only designed for 3 currencies? I am unable to get exchange rates setup properly for more than 3 currency types. I would take a close look at this and try doing some random things to the currency setup. For...
  4. Ando5000

As the title suggests this was in a fresh scene , i tested to make sure buying and selling worked from the shop before changing this. In setup window I deleted the three currency that are available and made my own. Copper, Silver, Gold, & Platinum. Removing Bronze and renaming it to copper...
  5. Ando5000

Do i lose references in scene when updating UCC or UIC?

Thanks Justin, thats most helpful to know.
  6. Ando5000

Do i lose references in scene when updating UCC or UIC?

Best practice for updating these controllers in an existing environment? Do i lose references? Ive always assumed YES. As my game is growing this is taking more and more time to migrate my assets into fresh updated projects. Thanks
  7. Ando5000

Throwing Accuracy

Another idea would be to use a weapon "Bloom" effect using a hidden surface as reference. Square or circle. You would then in code randomly pick a point on the surface to aim to create the random offset. Higher dex would reduce the area you are finding random points on. You could also have it...
  8. Ando5000

Use UCC character as Rotating Equip/Unequip Model

Cool, glad it worked . Thanks for explaining it @Sangemdoko. Your 5th step is a big improvment over a background image lingering on the character to disguise background.
  9. Ando5000

Use UCC character as Rotating Equip/Unequip Model

I use an image and render a camera view on it. Similar to the guides online for HUD camera. Just position your camera to be in front of your character and disable it when inventory is closed. Also, if you dont want your current background to be shown you can position an image game object...
  10. Ando5000

Spawning my sword in the hand of my inventory character

https://opsive.com/downloads/?pid=923 This link should take you there, it took me a bit to learn about too. You will need to enter your invoice number to download the integrations. Once you do you can load the demo scene in the integration folder.
  11. Ando5000

Spawning my sword in the hand of my inventory character

I would download the UIS integration for UCC. Its fleshed out nicely with all the normal weapon in scene as pickups and already setup to use them. You can learn how everything works from there.
  12. Ando5000

Inventory script not saving item amounts in prefab

Ill check on this tonight and see if i can reproduce in the new integration. Seriously strange bug.
  13. Ando5000

Inventory script not saving item amounts in prefab

"I click the + under item amounts and add items to the inventory. When I leave prefab view or select another gameobject in the prefab, the items amounts are empty. " ive had similar problems as well with pretty much anything you try to edit on the inventory script with it just reverting. Some...
  14. Ando5000

how to make spears that can be melee and also thrown?

I could see this being done easily by call your own script to disable melee game object and enabling your throwable version during throw action. They should have the same position and graphic. Just leaving throwable version disabled to start. Once you pick it back up you can call enable on the...
  15. Ando5000

Questions and new feature ideas.....

Thanks for the response. Ill see what i can come up with in a fresh scene. TY