Recent content by AlexM

1. AlexM

Community-driven PUN integration for UIS/UCC

@Evgenij Tsvetkov Thank you so much!! The Pickups have been so frustrating for me, this helps a ton!
  2. AlexM

Hey, so I was wondering if anyone here could help me with the syncing item drops over the network? My current solution works a little, but it isn't great. I made a PUN version of the InventoryPickup script that I'll attach below. I also added...
  3. AlexM

The code from the first post has been working for me so far. I haven't tested the rest yet, though.
  4. AlexM

This is huge, thank you so much! I was about to start doing this myself, without knowing what to do! This is definitely a good starting point, you're a life saver.
  5. AlexM

Reference to Gun Through Projectile?

Ah, that makes a lot of sense, actually. I can't believe I hadn't thought of that haha. Thank you! Edit: Ok, so I'm trying to inherit ShootableWeapon for a custom shootable script, but it's looking like a lot of the variables I want to use are inaccessible. My initial thought was to override...
  6. AlexM

Thanks for the reply! I guess my next question is, how would I go about doing that? For my case, it's important to have a reference to both the bullet and the gun on the processor, since they each have different damage values that get added together ( i.e. a gun can use both "Fire Bullets" and...
  7. AlexM

Hi there! I was trying to get my custom damage processor working, and I noticed that the DamageOriginator in the DamageData was referencing the Projectile script on the bullet. This is fine for me, but I also need to get the gun the bullet was fired from. I can't seem to find any reference to...
  8. AlexM

Getting Instantiated Projectile from Weapon for Custom Script

Sorry for getting back so late, but thank you for your response! The damage processor isn't exactly what I need here, to be honest. I accidentally built my own before I knew you guys had one lol. Basically the only thing I need now is the projectile that's instantiated as soon as the weapon is...
  9. AlexM

Getting Instantiated Projectile from Weapon for Custom Script

Hello! I'm writing my own script for processing damage done from weapons. The idea is that you can use different bullet types for each gun (fire, ice, normal, etc.), and the script will add the gun's base damage to the bullet. The damage values will be combined on the bullet itself, then...
  10. AlexM

Binding Values With ItemBinding Through Code

Thank you!! I'll definitely study that then. I appreciate the help :)
  11. AlexM

Ok, I think I see what you're saying. It would be better to get the attributes straight from the item itself, then update the values on the OnItemChanged event? I'll try this out, thank you! Edit: So, I'm kinda new to using events in code. How would I listen for when the ItemObject component...
  12. AlexM

Hi there! I've been trying to use the ItemBinding script on my weapons for a custom script that helps process damages. Setting up bindings in the Inspector works fine, but I'm trying to set up automatic bindings to save time. I was wondering how I would go about this. I've tried going through...
  13. AlexM

Attribute Type Dropdown Not Working

Ok, I updated very carefully this time and everything's fine. A few errors, but pretty easily solved. Thank you!
  14. AlexM

Attribute Type Dropdown Not Working

Hi there! For some reason the dropdown menu for selecting attribute type on item categories is not working. I'm using a slightly older version of UIS and UCC, and I'm hesitant to update because of the custom scripts I've written. I'm currently using UIS version 1.2.2 and UCC(Third Person)...
  15. AlexM

Custom Item Restriction for Two Handed Weapons

Never mind, I was able to figure it out! I feel very smart now lol :cool: Thank you for your help so far! Here's hoping I can figure the rest out myself now haha. I'm going to drop my scripts here, in case anyone else is having a similar problem. Just as a note, if anyone is interested, I'm...