Surface System with mesh renderer off possible?

Larsson24

Hi,

My short question is if it's possible to use the surface system for mesh renderers that is off. The game object itself is enabled and have coliders. Both objects have the same material.

This doesn't work for me so i'm wondering if there is a solution or bypass? Can't the surface system find the texture even if the mesh renderer is off?

Explanation - I have build a modular house but that made issues with seams in light maps. So my current workflow is to duplicate the modular objects, combine them to bigger objects, e.g. one whole wall or the floor in one room. I also remove any surfaces/polygons that is visable on these new game objects, again to fix light map issues. Lastly, I disable the mesh renderer on the original game objects but letting them still be active for colider reasons. The newly created game objecs only have an active mesh renderer. I guess this workflow is quite similar e.g. Mesh Baker Asset, that creates a combined game object and disables the old objects renderers.

Should not be relevant but i'm using Master Audio integration as well.

Thanks! :)

That fixed it! Sorry, I should have noticed this in the instruction by myself but I was implemenitng Master Audio at the same time so was a bit lost and schatterad in my mind. But now everything seams to work. This asset and the forums support is amazing! ??