Questions Regarding Default Loadout - Tutorial

jpalz

First of all, hi, thanks for supporting this!
I'm new to UCC 2.2, so I've been following the video tutorials and documentation, specifically https://opsive.com/support/document...ntroller/getting-started/setup/item-creation/ and
I've managed to create the Assault Rifle and I can see that the character has the Assault Rifle in their inventory, but for some reason I can't see the character equipping it in the Game View. I noticed that the Animator is in the state Aim Idle of the Base Layer and Idle in the Upperbody Layer, whereas in the video you can see the character with the weapon equipped.

Pressing all the buttons doesn't equip the Assault Rifle to me and I don't know how to make it start with it equipped.

Additionally, for some weird reason, it says that the current inventory has 2 Assault Rifles, even when in the item definition I specified that the max amount of them is 1. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!

How are you adding the rifle to the character - just in the default loadout or with an item pickup? Have you added the rifle to the character's Item Set Manager as a new item set? Also does the rifle exist in the correct item category?

How are you adding the rifle to the character - just in the default loadout or with an item pickup? Have you added the rifle to the character's Item Set Manager as a new item set? Also does the rifle exist in the correct item category?
Thanks for answering, Andrew!
Let's see...
1- I added the rifle to the character only as the default loadout, not as an item pickup.
2- It's added as a new item set. At first it wasn't set as Default, but checking it doesn't seem to work.
3- The rifle is in the Item category.

I'll try once more with a brand-new scene and inform of my progress.

Okay, let us know how that goes. Other things to double-check are the Item's Slot ID and Animator Item ID.