No funtionality

faceb1t34

I own the 3rd person controller option. When I install the controller, the "main manager", as well as all other options, are blank; therefore I am unable to use the controller at all. I am using 2021.3 and built-in. How can I resolve this?

ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
Could not set up parent class, due to: Could not load type of field 'Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.Controls.Types.TypeControlBase:<>f__am$cache0' (0) due to: Could not resolve type with token 010000d4 from typeref (expected class 'UnityEngine.UIElements.FloatField' in assembly 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') assembly:UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:UnityEngine.UIElements.FloatField member:(null) assembly:D:\Users\shane\My project\Assets\Opsive\Shared\Editor\UIElements\Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.dll type:TypeControlBase member:(null)
Invalid type Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.Controls.Types.TextControl for instance field Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.Controls.Types.TextControl+<>c__DisplayClass3_0:<>4__this
Invalid type Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.Controls.Types.TextControl/<>c__DisplayClass3_0 for instance field Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.Controls.Types.TextControl+<>c__DisplayClass3_1:CS$<>8__locals1
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <1f66344f2f89470293d8b67d71308c07>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.Managers.MainManagerWindow.BuildManagers () (at <38da455eb7af4a0798aebc4024c4fa2d>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Editor.UIElements.Managers.MainManagerWindow.OnEnable () (at <38da455eb7af4a0798aebc4024c4fa2d>:0)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterMainWindow.OnEnable () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterMainWindow.cs:51)
UnityEditor.EditorWindow:GetWindow(Boolean, String)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterMainWindow:ShowWindow() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterMainWindow.cs:60)

Do you get that error in a fresh project? If you don't, what if you completely remove the Opsive folder before importing the new version?

The attached image is after running it in a fresh install, on a new project, with no other assets installed or objects present in the project.opsive errors.jpg

my download is from the opsive website and even though I am able to locate the location of the file from the package manager, it doesnt show up to be installed that way. My options are to drag and drop from my folder, or to double click the file from the site.
Then it prompts me to select a version and no matter which i select, I get the same outcome.

Oh obviously you have, sorry my bad I just checked your last screenshot now. This is odd as I just installed it without issue.

It does look like it's a problem with just the third person download from the Opsive Store. I've replaced the file - go ahead and give it another try.

Sorry, still no luck.
Perhaps there is a video available somewhere that can walk me through the process. I suspect I am doing something incorrectly.
I am going to attach a PDF of the steps I take to install the controller.result 2.jpg

Attachments

• opsive install steps.pdf
    264.8 KB · Views: 0
You're doing everything correctly. I haven't figured out why but for some reason the 2021.3 version is getting corrupted. I just exported it again and verified through the Opsive Store that it works correctly on a new machine. If you download it one more time it should now work.

So the issue may have been my own, but also something you'll want to investigate. I attempted to download the file again, however, it still failed to install properly. I then had the thought that my new browser, OperaGX, has extra layers of protection; maybe it was preventing files from being downloaded properly. I attempted to download again, but from Chrome instead. This seems to have resolved the issue as it is now functioning in the expected manner. Thank you for all your assistance. I simply think I will have to utilize Chrome for my unity downloads, as opposed to using my preferred browser.