Interact Event WaitForAnimation Problem

Evren

I use the Interact ability to interact with my character using an object. As seen in the attachment, when I tick the "waitforanimation" option because I want a different animation to play during that time, the Interact ability doesn't work. More precisely, it plays the animation but doesn't execute the print("interact") statement inside the Interact method. When I remove the ticks, it executes the Interact print statement, but then the animation doesn't work properly and experiences glitches. What could be the reason for this?

Does your animation have the "event" defined in the import settings? Check the demo animations for examples of events used.

Does your animation have the "event" defined in the import settings? Check the demo animations for examples of events used.
No, to clarify further, I'm trying to push a box with interaction. If I don't check the "wait for animation" checkbox, when I enter the interaction, the code inside the interact method runs, but the character's pushing animation mixes with the idle-walking animation, causing constant transitions between animations. The suggested solution to fix this issue was to check the "wait for animation" checkboxes, and when I do that, the animation freezing issue is resolved, and it only plays the animation I want during the interaction. However, in this case, it doesn't execute the code inside the interaction method.