Help. FirstPersonArms not working.

Hero

Hello. I've been following along with the videos for the Ultimate Character Controller. I am currently having an issue with the First Person Item Creation.

The issue is after I build the item for the assault rifle my arms are not animating to the assault rifle position. If I look at my shadow I can see it in the correct position that it should be in to hold my weapon, but the mesh itself is in that default position for the NolanFirstPersonArms (first attached image). I'm not sure what step I am messing up. I've redone it several times. The only thing different in with my Item panel in the character manager than that in the video is that I have an Animator Controller field below the First Person Base field (see second attached image). I've tried leaving it blank, as well as attaching the animator for the NolanFirstPersonArms and Assault Rifle. Nothing worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    49.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    58.9 KB · Views: 6
Do you get any error messages?
You have to assign an animator controller for your arms. And you have to make sure that it has states corresponding to your weapon. If you assign the animator, and run your scene, you should check that the animator for your arms is transitioning to the correct state.
I recommend that you take a look at the demo scene to understand how things work together.