Crouch ability

KhadimBalti

Hi! I want to know that if there is a clear simple solution for the issue I am facing.
My character is for multiplayer game since I had no separate parts of the character to use for first person then I used FPS mesh tool to have separate hands but this hand model is humanoid and I had to use same animator controller then by doing so I setup an item and then I made states for this item to be in front of camera view but when I press to crouch then character's hand again repositioned and disappeared from view since I made another state for crouching but when I stand up from crouching then it has little bit jerk but while going into crouch state it has highest amount of jerk. Which I couldn't remove from spring values.

The reason this is happening is because of the animator that you are using for the arms. It was designed for a full body character and when you crouch it doesn't move enough for the hands to still be in position. The fix is to use a different animation for crouching with the character's hands.

My advice (experienced) is to make fps arms yourself in blender, and if you want the demo fps arms, skin to the rig. FPS Mesh Tool is a "prototyping tool" really and I have never had useable results with it, it not time saving vs doing it yourself in a 3d tool and designing the arms for FPS use. There is a reason there is separate rigs for fps vs tps.

The reason this is happening is because of the animator that you are using for the arms. It was designed for a full body character and when you crouch it doesn't move enough for the hands to still be in position. The fix is to use a different animation for crouching with the character's hands.
Isn't it possible that the hand controller is made restricted to get root animation hight by this way we can get the better results?

My advice (experienced) is to make fps arms yourself in blender, and if you want the demo fps arms, skin to the rig. FPS Mesh Tool is a "prototyping tool" really and I have never had useable results with it, it not time saving vs doing it yourself in a 3d tool and designing the arms for FPS use. There is a reason there is separate rigs for fps vs tps.
Yes absolutely I am also tired of setting it again and again but no good results I got.

Isn't it possible that the hand controller is made restricted to get root animation hight by this way we can get the better results?
As FastSkillTeam mentioned using humanoid animations for a first person view is tough to get good results. For the best results you will want to use generic arms. If you are using humanoid animations the best way that I know of us to create separate humanoid animations specific for the first person perspective.