Character Creation doesn´t work

DrBlender

Hey,

i am a bit confused on how to setup a character with many bones. Which bones do i need to put into Third Person Objectsin charactersetup? or is there a simple solution to make it faster?

I also created a character without arms and seperate the arms from the body. it works everything, but when i start the game the arms are many units away from the body.

If I seperate arms from body with FPS Mesh Tool and use it like in the tutorial/documentation, i get these error messages.

Last edited:
You don't need to place any of the actual bones, just the arm/hand renderers. Take a look at this video for an example:

I did it like shown in the videos. i can walk with my character, everything fine.

I seperate the arms from my body with the extra tool. What do I need to do now for the first person item creation?

i did everything like shown in the next tutorials. when i hit play, my arms " disappear". They are some meteres away from my body, invisible, i dont know if with rifle or without. But they move when my char moves.

i can show it to you when i am at home and not at work.

I seperate the arms from my body with the extra tool. What do I need to do now for the first person item creation?
The FPS Mesh Tool developer has created a video for that integration:

i did everything like shown in the next tutorials. when i hit play, my arms " disappear". They are some meteres away from my body, invisible, i dont know if with rifle or without. But they move when my char moves.
Do you have any item equipped? The arms will stay hidden until you've equipped an item that uses those arms.

okay, i dont know what i did today... i reinstalled everything and now it works... well... almost ^^ how can i fix this bug? its a bit funny to see the arms fly over the head

You can adjust the offset of the arms on the First Person Perspective component. You're looking for the Position Offset parameter. I also adjust this parameter in this video: