Align to Ground Breaks "Slope Limit" in Physics System?

Lunars_Aid

Whenever I use the "Align to Ground" ability, it always seems to break the "slope limit" setting of the "Third Person Adventure" movement system. Specifically, when "align to ground" is DISABLED, my character walks perfectly: he cannot climb slopes that are too steep for him. See video:

However, when "align to ground" is ENABLED, the slope physics system seems to break down because now my character can traverse whatever slope he wants! This results in very glitchy gameplay, as shown in the video below:

The only thing that changed between the two videos was the "align to ground" ability was checked. All other variables remained the same.

I'm using the Third Person Adventure movement set, and virtually all of my settings are set to the default, so I don't think that would be the problem. See my settings below:

Third Person Adventure Movement Set Values.png

Finally, Nolan seems to have problems with "Align to Ground" too because, when it's enabled, Nolan sometimes ignores the slop limit & max step height that I've set for him. Although Nolan isn't as glitched as my character, it's interesting he's still having problems. See video:

I guess I could disable this ability, but it's essential for making sure my character's four feet remain on the ground at all times - especially when traversing slopes - so I greatly prefer keeping this ability enabled if possible.

I'm using the 2020.3.13f1 version of Unity, as well as the 2.3.1 version of Third Person Controller.

How can I make it so that the slope limit works when Align to Ground is active?

The slope limit is calculated based on the character's up direction, and align to ground changes that up direction so the slope limit isn't calculated from a base value (such as Vector3.up). Slide had a similar issue and the Override Up Direction parameter was added to it. I should be able to do something similar in one of the next updates.

Very cool! I'm happy there's a programmatic fix to this problem (and that I wasn't doing something wrong)! May I ask when this update would happen?