Zoom and SpeedChange

Absent83

Hallo, everbody!

What is prevent to start ability "SpeedChange" while zooming (state "Zoom" from camera controller)?

Thank you!

Nobody knows?

@Justin, please help!

I have else one question about "SpeedChange".

What is m_SpeedParameter and why did you set SetSpeedParameter(0) at SpeedChange.AbilityStopped?

I found this parameter in the animator controller

1545843268346.png

I'm confused because the character can move without activated SpeedChange, when Speed == 0.
How is this parameter used?

Last edited:
The Aim ability has a property which allows it to stop the speed change. The speed is set to 0 when the speed change ability stops so the animator knows that the speed is back to normal.

Thank you, I have understood.

But what about my first question?

What is prevent to start ability "SpeedChange" while zooming (state "Zoom" from camera controller)?

I have found, that Aim ability (not ZoomState) prevents to start SpeedChange ability.

But I don`t understand,
on my character aim ability is always active in first person view, but it prevents to start SpeedChange ability only when Fire2 is pressed.

Can you say why it doesnt always prevent SpeedChange (when Fire2 is NOT pressed)?

1545918502109.png

Last edited:
The Aim ability is a little bit different in that it has two activation states: one when the character is in first person, and the other when the button is pressed. The aim ability will only stop the speed change ability when the button is down.