Zoom ability doesn't work

lenniv

Hi, I've been having troubling making the zoom ability work. I've created a camera as a child of the scope and assigned it to the zoom camera field, I created a render texture and assigned it's material to the scope. But whenever I try to zoom it doesn't use the zoom camera perspective.

I guess you are talking about a 1st person setup?! There is no zoom ability, it is a state, and I don't think there is a zoom camera field. You can have a look at the demo with the assault rifle. The scope camera is running all the time, the zoom state only repositions hand and rifle.

Hey thanks for the reply! In the assault rifle item: first person shootable weapon properties script, I assigned the zoomcamera. And in the camera controller script there is a preset state assigned: zoom first person combat.

It's only my second day using opsive so I'm still struggling a bit.

Attachments

• scopecamera.jpg
    scopecamera.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 10
  • zoom.jpg
    zoom.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 11
Ok., that's what I meant. The scope camera is always active, and there is no special zoom camera. The best way is to take a look at the demo setup and compare it to your setup. So, make sure that for instance your scope camera is indeed rendering to the render texture independent of the zoom state. This are two different things.