Zombie behaviour stops when adding ability

MissBig

Hi I have can see object then the zombie sees food (Deadbody) then seeks it and start feeding. The feeding is also a custom ability. But what I want is the zombie go into a scream ability once he sees the dead body. How would I achieve this because when I add that scream ability it does fire off which is fine but then it will just stay in that ability and won't do anything. In the picture, the ability that's not attached is the scream ability but it will do the animation then goes to seek and just freezes in that animation. Also on another part of the tree, I have a search task which fires off when hunger is greater than 15 and yes it searches but it will be searching in a circle and not going anywhere. I have also uploaded the full unfinished behavior tree. All it does is the zombie randomly patrol and if the hunger is greater than 15 and the can see object doesn't fire it is meant to search for food then it if the can see object fires off then it stops searching then it goes to the food and goes into a feeding frenzy. The other way it could go is if it can see object fires then the search never fires. It does work the most part but searching it just searches in a circle and in the can see object block I want the zombie scream when it does see food. Sorry if this is long and hopefully I have explained ok. And also sometimes the zombie runs and sometimes it doesn't, I actually want it always to run when hungry and or when it can see food.

Attachments

• Zombie BehaviorScreenshot.png
    Zombie BehaviorScreenshot.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Zombie BehaviorScreenshot.png
    Zombie BehaviorScreenshot.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
You are getting to the point where it is hard to debug because of the size of your behavior tree. The Start/Stop Ability task has the option to return success immediately or wait for the ability to stop (with the Always Return Success parameter). It sounds like you may need to adjust this setting.