Zombie AI

MissBig

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am using UCC with behavior designer so I will be using UCC AI agent. If I want a zombie to go in an alert state or feeding state do I have to code an alert and feeding ability. I have tried this without using UCC at all and just using a basic animator, on that one I have the feeding animations under a new layer on the animator controller. So I was just wondering How would I go about this with using UCC. I actually don't code but maybe I can go by that crawl ability tutorial with UCC. I think I would have to put alert and feeding ability as automatic wouldn't I. I do know I would have to amend changes to an animator controller.

With the alert state does that mean that the zombie goes into a different animation, or just that the zombie has a different movement? You may be able to get away with the generic ability for the feeding state, but if it's more complex than that it will require a new ability.

I would suggest to add all eatable stuff as a child in a gameobject (like waypoints). The zombie will choose the nearest, seek it an begin to eat (play animation).

With the alert state does that mean that the zombie goes into a different animation, or just that the zombie has a different movement? You may be able to get away with the generic ability for the feeding state, but if it's more complex than that it will require a new ability.
Yes, it is with another animation. The zombie stops and goes into the alert animation when seeing the food or maybe the player. With the feeding state there are three animations, eat intro, eating and eat outro. The eat outro is mainly for if his hunger is good for now or if he sees the player and has to get out of the feeding state. On udemy.com there is a great course that does this but it is all coding and I do know if I work it out without much coding I may be able to pull it off.

I would suggest to add all eatable stuff as a child in a gameobject (like waypoints). The zombie will choose the nearest, seek it an begin to eat (play animation).
I have done this way without the need for opsive AI Agent but I decided to use opsive controller so I am using opsive AI Agent which means I may have to use the ability system.

Yeah, since you are looking to play more custom animations which depend on certain conditions it would be really beneficial to create your own ability for that situation.

Yeah, since you are looking to play more custom animations which depend on certain conditions it would be really beneficial to create your own ability for that situation.
I must say you are really really really quick in answering so thank you for that and yes I will try to work this out.