Yaw rotation changing position with animation

matmalm

Hi. I have an animation which moves the legs when I rotate being idle but it's changing its position at the end of the rotation. It looks that it has to do with the animation but is there a way to set it up and keep the character in the same position at the end?

Video 8 seconds, look at the end of the rotation how the character goes a little bit to the left or right:

You may need to modify your animation's "root transform" import settings (e.g. Root Transform Position XZ) to ensure the animation doesn't move the character's root position in an unexpected way. I think you generally want Bake Into Pose for XZ disabled and Based Upon=Original, but play around with the other settings... also, are you using root motion position/rotation on your character? (Under "Motor" on UltimateCharacterLocomotion)

You may need to modify your animation's "root transform" import settings (e.g. Root Transform Position XZ) to ensure the animation doesn't move the character's root position in an unexpected way. I think you generally want Bake Into Pose for XZ disabled and Based Upon=Original, but play around with the other settings... also, are you using root motion position/rotation on your character? (Under "Motor" on UltimateCharacterLocomotion)
Hi, nop, I'm not using root motion position or rotation.
I tried tweaking the root transform animation but was the same. I use similar settings as the one Nolan has.

I even changed the animation to one which only stand the feet up a bit and the same thing happens.
As you can see in the next video:

I have another issue which the character slides a bit before walking, maybe it could be related?
So if I press 'W' intermittently I can just slide without walking, and only when I press 'W' for more than 2 seconds it starts walking the animation.

Try taking a look at your animator and the yaw parameter. It looks like the blend tree that you are using needs some tweaking to be more responsive. You can adjust the damping time on the parameters on the Animator Monitor.

So if I press 'W' intermittently I can just slide without walking, and only when I press 'W' for more than 2 seconds it starts walking the animation.
This looks similar to the above.

Try taking a look at your animator and the yaw parameter. It looks like the blend tree that you are using needs some tweaking to be more responsive. You can adjust the damping time on the parameters on the Animator Monitor.

This looks similar to the above.
The second issue (walking) was the times, but the rotation is not the time, it's something with the position. It happens the same with crouching, the position goes to the beginning of the idle and it kind of readjust it. I changed the animation to match the idle position being exactly the same as the rotation position and it improved a lot but you can still notice it

Last edited: