What are the setup steps for UCC/BD demo scene?

Hamesh

I have opened up the demo scene and baked the mesh as per the video tutorial, but for some reason the AI completely ignores Nolan. He runs straight past instead of detecting and attacking him and if I attack the AI it appears he is being damaged but he also ignores this as well and keeps patrolling. Is there some other step that I need to do to set this up?

Yes, the read me simply says to bake the navmesh which I have done, so not sure where I am going wrong?

Also, what is the best way of using a behavior tree from another scene? For example I tried to bring the melee Agent Nolan into the shooter demo to have both shooter and melee enemies, however the melee agent isn't functioning he simply stands in place because he does not have the correct patrol targets assigned to him. But if I try to access his behavior tree it is labelled as view only and all the properties are greyed out.

You'll also need to make sure you import the assets that are included in that readme. Are you getting any errors?

Also, what is the best way of using a behavior tree from another scene? For example I tried to bring the melee Agent Nolan into the shooter demo to have both shooter and melee enemies, however the melee agent isn't functioning he simply stands in place because he does not have the correct patrol targets assigned to him. But if I try to access his behavior tree it is labelled as view only and all the properties are greyed out.
The included tree is just an example - you'll want to create a new agent/tree from scratch which fits your games requirements.

Yes I have downloaded the zip from downloads page linked in the readme, and I am not getting errors or even a warning. I did duplicate Agent Nolan and then did manage to get the Agent to attack me sometimes but definitely not every time I am in their FOV, and every time I fire/attack the Agent they completely ignore me and keep patrolling. I have tried each of the 4 demo scenes and it is the same issue. Here are screenshots showing how the Agent walks past without attacking:

Screenshot - 12 03 2020.jpg Screenshot - 12 03 2020 (2).jpg Screenshot - 12 03 2020 (3).jpg

Sorry no what I mean is, how can you take an existing Behavior Tree (like Agent Nolan's) from one Agent and apply it as the Behavior Tree to another Agent (like a new Agent), similarly to how I can take UCC Nolan's animator and apply it to another UCC character that I setup myself, instead of needing to remake it completely from scratch.

This branch is responsible for attacking:

UltimateCharacterControllerTreeCanSeeAttackMovementAttackBranch.png

Does Can See Object return success? If it doesn't, if you place a breakpoint within CanSeeObject.OnUpdate can you say why it's returning failure?

Sorry no what I mean is, how can you take an existing Behavior Tree (like Agent Nolan's) from one Agent and apply it as the Behavior Tree to another Agent (like a new Agent), similarly to how I can take UCC Nolan's animator and apply it to another UCC character that I setup myself, instead of needing to remake it completely from scratch.
You can use external trees: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/behavior-designer/external-behavior-trees/