Weapon show up in (main)Default but not in scene.

apits

2021-10-08.png
I have the loadout setup with rifle and ammo. At running,
they wont show up in Equippable and Equippable Slots.
New here. Hi and thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Apits,

We released a major update Today to all our assets. If you haven't downloaded it yet I would recommend you do, especially since you are getting started.

Items in the loadout collection will the added to the Main Item Collection when the game starts.
If you wish for the Rifle to be added to "Equippable Slots" collection as soon as the game start you can add it there directly in the inspector at edit time instead of within the default loadout.

Note that the Bullets should not be set in the Equippable Collections. They should be set in the Main Collection (or another collection defined as a ammo collection, the option is available in the latest version of the integration.)

I hope that helps.

So... I just need to watch video 2... Sorry.
Still, wish to know how to auto equip item on loadout. I was using FPS way of thinking (item pickup in hands not somewhere void in the back)

Ah I see.... that's not something I've ever tried actually.

There are 3 equip states, Unequipped (in the inventory), soft equipped (on the character holsters) and active equipped (in the characters hand). By default we go directly from unequipped to active equipped.

Perhaps you can create an Item Set Rule with no Item Categories, that should create an Empty Item Set. Then if you make that the default item set it should have priority over the item equipped on start.

If that doesn't work, a work around would be to soft unequip the item after it was active equipped using an additional custom component.

In the mean time I will add this as a feature request and I will look into it in more detail.