Weapon bounce

sneekyo

How can I reduce the amount of bounce when walking / running in my weapon. I saw in the video to adjust pivot position spring, but when I did that it didn't seem to do much of anything.

I looked at the demo scene, the pistol feels great there. But mine bounces all over the place, it's a runtime pick up which shouldn't make a difference but it's weird, none of the values I change for bob do anything at all

Hm, can you double-check your item's animator/movement set IDs and that it's being parented in the rig properly when equipped/active?

Animator Item ID: 2
Movement ID: 0
Slot id 0, so when I pick it up at runtime it populates the right hand, as well as items, I set it up in the method of the runtime item pick up video.

That's a weird one, only other thing I would check is if the character IK is being changed in any way, e.g. a state is being applied/not applied unexpectedly. Is this happening with any other items? Also you haven't edited the animator controller/animations right?

the default state is applied, and nothing else inside character IK. I have two weapons a knife and a pistol. Neither are effected by adjusting bob settings, I haven't touched animation controller or animations at all. Would you be willing to look at a test scene?

Yeah, feel free to send me the scene via DM (make sure to include any project assets as well - in fact maybe just send the project).

Hey Andrew, revisiting this issue. I'm happy to pay for premium support if needed to get this solved.
I've spent many more hours trying to tame this weapon bounce. Here is a new video I release on the game I'm working on, I've received so many people telling me to reduce the bounce of the weapon, but I have the bounce settings, step settings, all of these as low as possible.

I can see now if I increase bounce in the right way, I can make it WAY over exadurated to the point where the gun bounces off screen so I know it's working. However I fear that the most minimal settings are way too strong, I've loaded the state for pistol and shotgun for each of them, and adjusted them as needed. I noticed that the running state doesn't activate, but aiming does.

So my questions are:
1. Besides the settings being the lowest they can be insides the weapon control prefab, am I missing something, shouldn't I be able to lower something to the point where the weapon doesn't move at all when I walk? (which isn't what I want but to prove a point)

2. I used "existing item" inside the UCC page to add the state system to each weapon, aiming now activates when right clicking, then returns to default state. Running state wont trigger when I hold shift to run however. Am I missing something?

Here is the video clip showcasing far too much weapon movement on the lowest settings:

Thank you Andrew/ Justin.

-Seth

Is this recorded in the editor or a build? Can you display the framerate and see if you're getting high framerate variability?

Also can you confirm what versions of Unity and UCC you're using?

That footage is from a build.
When moving around in the editor I get a pretty steady 70, when firing it drops about 10-15 with the shotgun I think because of how many projectiles it shoots.
Though even without shooting it just moves around so much.
UCC 2.2.5
Unity 2020.1.7f1

I think mainly the issue is moving too much while sprinting( though it does move too much walking as well. But I can't figure out how to activate the run state, though I see it listed.