Weapon + arms setup UFPS ( like the mingun but several) problems

zarkam

Hi!
Probably too low IQ for this, but I'm having real troubles getting the https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/weapons/animated-hands-with-weapons-pack-132915 to work with Nolan. I have watched your latest april videos and the subway one (minigun).

I have managed to get one rifle to work with its own animations. Works ok. Think I am missing the aim anim, but reload seems to work.

1. But at the character setup ( new), am I supposed to enter all (weapon + arms)rig in the First Person Arms Slots? And then add for example the FirstPersonArmsDemo animator, which the "new" animations in the proper slots for the weapon+arms rig? I have tried to clone this animator for gun and renamed, replaced the animation with the Maksim ones for gun nr 1. s'.
Then I enter the fps arms with gun and ak at the item setup. Animator id 1 for the AK and animator item ID 2 for the gun.
But the animations for the gun doesn't get used when I switch from the working AK, to the gun.

2. The switch between gun and ak doesn't look good at all, due to whole arm and weapon getting replaced. Probably doing something terribly wrong, but when all is correct should the switch be smooth? Would very much like to see the minigun video updated with some more weapons so the whole procedure is shown with the latest UFPS.

So basically , would very much like to see how two weapon_arm rigs are set up in the character and item manager view. The mingun just showed one, and then the animator in that video was just quickly mentioned and used.

Best Regards Lukas

Attachments

• reload_anim_working_ok.png
    reload_anim_working_ok.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 10
The subway video is a bit out of date so I would now use the new 2.2 videos. To get started have you gotten everything working using the demo assets? I would start with this just so you can follow along with the videos.

The problem that you are running into likely relates to this page: https://opsive.com/support/document...troller/animation/animator/first-person-arms/. When you are replacing the model with your own you will need your own animations that work with that rig.

The subway video is a bit out of date so I would now use the new 2.2 videos. To get started have you gotten everything working using the demo assets? I would start with this just so you can follow along with the videos.

The problem that you are running into likely relates to this page: https://opsive.com/support/document...troller/animation/animator/first-person-arms/. When you are replacing the model with your own you will need your own animations that work with that rig.
Tnx for the answer!
I am using the animations for the rigs, just replacing the defaults included in the demo, in the FirstPersonArmsDemo animator.
But must do something wrong.
Yes worked thru the default demo stuff, just wanted to have some other arms than Nolans :).
Best Regards
Lukas

You are likely missing animation events in the equip/unequip for the new animations you added. Take a look at the animations included in the demo to compare. There are other animations that need events too like reload.

I always recommend using the first person demo animator as a reference and creating your own from scratch. That way you only add what you need and know that each transition has the correct settings.

Hope this helps!