Waypoints reference empty in build

Padorian

Hello, I am having an issue where the Waypoints list within the behaviour designer do not save the assigned game objects. The waypoints work when I assign the game objects, but whenever I: load the scene, change scene, or make a build, the waypoints references are null. Please help me solve this, it's is for a project due on Monday and I haven't been able to solve it all week.

Attachments

• Waypoints.PNG
    Waypoints.PNG
    159.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi there! Seems like you are editing the external behavior tree, which doesn't hold the variables you will use when running the scene. To get it working you could try to make an instance of that behavior tree on an agent, and then, on the behavior tree editor of that agent, set the variables.
Behavior Tree.png

Hi there! Seems like you are editing the external behavior tree, which doesn't hold the variables you will use when running the scene. To get it working you could try to make an instance of that behavior tree on an agent, and then, on the behavior tree editor of that agent, set the variables.

Fixed! Thank you for the response, I see what you're saying about how I was editing the external behaviour tree and how my enemy instance of course doesn't have those references saved. What I've done is added a GameObjectList in the Behaviour Tree's variables, then assigned the Waypoints to that list in the external behaviour tree and then set the List of Gameobjects to my waypoint Gameobjects on the enemy instance.