Wait for animation event in the item.cs sctipt

Absent83

Justin, hallo!

Can you explain more detailed about equip event, equip complete event, and the same for the Uneqip in item.cs script.

1540512278842.png

I`ve read manual and watched videos :(
(https://opsive.com/support/document...controller/animation/animation-event-trigger/)
1540515215283.png

But I misanderstood, who should cast these events.

And are there any relations between this events, and events in animtaions:
1540512329308.png

What is the sequence of events/animations/scripts during changing weapons from one to another.

In the item.cs code you left note about EquipEvent: "Specifies if the item should wait for the OnAnimatorItemEquip animation event or wait for the specified duration before equipping."
But what does it mean? What happens after "OnAnimatorItemEquip animation event" or after "specified duration before equipping"?

if I use "FirstPersonDemo.controller" and standart weapon`s animations and check "wait for..." checkboxes as on the screenshot, my weapons do not change. Weapon only goes a little down with the hands and nothing happens. And what animation does corresponds to this "goes a little down"?

Please clarify what happens during changing items (weapons).

Thank you!

Last edited:
Similar to this post, you're starting to get into the implementation details so the best way to describe what is happening is to set a breakpoint and actually look at the code. If you have a specific question on why some piece of logic is the way that it is I can help with that but the code is well commented so you shouldn't have a problem once you dig into it.