VR addon import error

zeb33

Am getting this:

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Add-Ons\VR\Scripts\Character\HandHandler.cs(25,47): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IVRHandHandler' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

The addon (downloaded twice from opsive store today) does not show up in addon manager either.

TPC 2.1.7
FPC 2.1.7
U 2019.2.1f1 (VR supported)

Thanks for any advice

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The IVRHandHandler was added to version 2.1.7. I guess depending on the compiler steps after you imported the new version it may not have picked up the change. To fix this you'll want to remove the VR add-on, remove all of the Scripting Define Symbols from Player Settings, let Unity recompile, and then import the VR add-on again.

zeb33

Thanks for reply, I do not see any VR-addon specific defines,
leave these in place?
THIRD_PERSON_CONTROLLER;ULTIMATE_CHARACTER_CONTROLLER_SHOOTER;ULTIMATE_CHARACTER_CONTROLLER_MELEE;FIRST_PERSON_CONTROLLER;FIRST_PERSON_SHOOTER;FIRST_PERSON_MELEE

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
You can clear them all out. They will automatically be generated. I also updated the release notes to include the steps:

zeb33

I think I'm messing up somewhere! The version from your site is 1.0.1? Now getting..

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Add-Ons\VR\Scripts\Character\Abilities\FingerIndicator.cs(195,35): error CS1061: 'ChildAnimatorMonitor' does not contain a definition for 'SetHandStateIndexParameter' and no accessible extension method 'SetHandStateIndexParameter' accepting a first argument of type 'ChildAnimatorMonitor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I'll take a break and try again later

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
I see what happened. I uploaded a new version of the VR add-on with the same version number. Try downloading it again and now it should compile. Thanks for letting me know about it!

Shotts

Just in case there is anyone else like me who was stumped as to the location of the Scripting Define Symbols, they can be found (at least in 2019.1.11f1) under Edit->Project Settings->Player->Other Settings->Scripting Define Symbols.