Visual Studio missing namespace

Tom

I imported the Third Person Controller package into a new project and setup everything according to the documentation. It work fine so far, but when trying to debug code or edit code in Visual Studio, the Opsive namespaces are all missing and Visual Studio throws a lot of CS0246 errors.
Things I tried so far:
  • Double check .NET 4.x backend
  • Reimport the package again into the project
  • Regenerating the Visual Studio Project files
  • Remove the library folder and import everything again
  • Delete the .vs folder
I'm not sure if it has something to do with the assembly references. My own scripts do not use an Assembly Reference (so no missing dependency there).

Edit: After some digging, the Opsive.Shared namespace is recognized, but the Opsive.UltimateCharacterController it not.

Last edited:
Hmm, I haven't seen this before but it sounds like you did everything correctly. I would try posting this on Unity's forum to see if anybody has an idea. Everything included in the Ultimate Character Controller namespace are raw C# scripts within their own assembly definition so they should be showing up like any other script. This sounds like it's a bug with how Unity is creating the project files.

After you figure it out if you can update this thread that would be helpful for others to see what went wrong.

Hello, when I make a new empty project in 2019.3.12f1 (latest) and Import UCC then open Visual Studio 2019, there are tons of errors. Is there some issue with the
asmdef files in 2019? Please advise on what to do about latest UCC and the VR add on.

Is this related to this post?

Same issue it seems, have you guys tested the project with 2019.3? I made a separate project and deleted all the asmdef files and the errors went down to 1.

Yes, in fact I just did a build with 2019.3. This points to being a Unity issue - there isn't anything special about the way the assembly definition is built.

You're right, it's a Unity bug with 2019.3.12f1. I went down to 2019.3.11f1 and there are no errors. Thanks for the fast replies.