Version 3 Demo Scene - Switching between single and dual pistols leads to single pistol not being able to fire

Hi all,

Not sure if this has already been reported, so I have been playing around with the demo scene and came across a bug that occurs when switching between single and dual pistols in the shooter zone. I recorded the problem below. During the last 10 seconds, I'm actually pressing to fire, but the pistol won't fire, despite having plenty of ammo. Also, the magazine sticks out. It might be hard to see sometimes since I didn't bake the demo scene so the lighting is all over the place.

Here is the full error in the console:

Code:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Objects.IDObject`1[T].TryGetObject (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.Boolean inChildren, T& obj, System.Boolean forceSearch) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Objects/CharacterAssist/ObjectIdentifier.cs:137)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Objects.IDObject`1[T].TryGetObjectInChildren (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, T& obj, System.Boolean forceSearch) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Objects/CharacterAssist/ObjectIdentifier.cs:76)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Objects.IDObject`1[T].GetObjectInChildren (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.Boolean forceSearch) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Objects/CharacterAssist/ObjectIdentifier.cs:87)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.ItemPerspectiveIDObjectProperty`1[T].GetThirdPersonValue () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/CharacterItemPerspectiveProperties.cs:485)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.ItemPerspectiveIDObjectProperty`1[T].GetValue (System.Boolean firstPerson) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/CharacterItemPerspectiveProperties.cs:429)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.Modules.Shootable.GenericReloader.GetReloadableClipAttachment (System.Boolean firstPerson) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/Modules/Shootable/ReloaderModule.cs:240)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.Modules.Shootable.GenericReloader.DetachAttachClip (System.Boolean detach, System.Boolean firstPerson) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/Modules/Shootable/ReloaderModule.cs:630)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.Modules.Shootable.GenericReloader.DetachClip () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/Modules/Shootable/ReloaderModule.cs:581)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility.AnimationEventTrigger.NotifyEventListeners () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Utility/AnimationEventTrigger.cs:169)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Utility.AnimationEventTrigger.InvokeAnimationEvent () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Utility/AnimationEventTrigger.cs:120)
Opsive.Shared.Events.InvokableAction.Invoke () (at <f8e88e939b08494e9e6a74df2ca4dcad>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler.ExecuteEvent (System.Object obj, System.String eventName) (at <f8e88e939b08494e9e6a74df2ca4dcad>:0)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.AnimatorMonitor.ExecuteEvent (System.String eventName) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/AnimatorMonitor.cs:1015)

Unfortunately, Windows didn't record the console window, but if you notice carefully whenever the pistol reloads, the magazine sticks out and at around this point, the error occurs.

It seems like a problem with the clip. Any assistance would be much appreciated :)

Thank you for reporting this bug I've added it to the list. I hope to get them fixed by the next update, if not, the one after that (we're doing multiple updates per week)