Version 3.0.8 and Add-On Updates

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The link below has information on the latest version of the character controller.

The following add-ons were also updated:

Some files were moved from the PUN add-on to the character controller package so you should update in the following order:

1. Remove the PUN add-on.
2. Update the character controller.
3. Import the PUN add-on again.

The ISpawnDataObject is missing? Was not able to find the file after this update. (UFPS 3.0.8 / PUN Addon 2.0.2)

1678836406721.png

I can confirm this after proper installation, I get the same error. It seems the file is non existent. Also It appears that the line I suggested was missed, resulting in new clean installations not having multiplayer defined. With that resolved it will still not fix the issue as the referenced ISpawnDataObject does not exist.

Alright actually "seems" I DID NOT install correctly! Weird as though as, I did indeed download the package(opsive website), extract it, extracted the installer, and installed. Yet on first attempt, I had this exact issue. Now after try to resolve the issue I repeated the process, exactly the same with the only difference being this time I did not delete pun addon first. And then it worked. This is one odd one, but I suggest doing the same as I did. I swear it said 3.0.8 but gave me 3.0.7 on my first attempt.

To add to that, Justin did indeed also come up with a better solution than I suggested, I was even going to suggest to use GUID but he is already onto that with even better and including! Nice work @Justin. As always thanks for your persistence and vast knowledge :) This was a weird issue that we encountered but somehow maybe we both made user error, or leaving the pun addon in helped. One thing since last two updates though is the camera, it has become very jittery is there something we need to adjust or is that something else? I did have a bit of a "play" but to not much avail.

ISpawnDataObject is now in the main character controller package. It looks like something weird is happening on the Asset Store though. When I download the version from my dashboard it loads the correct version but in the Package Contents section it still shows the old version. That may be messing some people up. I will submit again to see if that will force refresh it.

One thing since last two updates though is the camera, it has become very jittery is there something we need to adjust or is that something else? I did have a bit of a "play" but to not much avail.
That was a problem with version 3.0.7. In the character manager are you on version 3.0.8? It may be worth testing with a fresh project just to ensure everything is up to date.

ISpawnDataObject is now in the main character controller package. It looks like something weird is happening on the Asset Store though. When I download the version from my dashboard it loads the correct version but in the Package Contents section it still shows the old version. That may be messing some people up. I will submit again to see if that will force refresh it.

That was a problem with version 3.0.7. In the character manager are you on version 3.0.8? It may be worth testing with a fresh project just to ensure everything is up to date.
Yes mate on 3.0.8 it is jittery. Triple checked

I did suspect ISpawnDataObject had been moved so I searched high and low. Very weird voodoo hahah but it worked in the end, I do stand by the fact that whilst apearing to be 3.0.8 it did install 3.0.7 voodoo af I know but I always check the changes as I install and on second run the changes were much more than the one I made so that confirmed that 3.0.08 was installing for me that run.

Alright actually "seems" I DID NOT install correctly! Weird as though as, I did indeed download the package(opsive website), extract it, extracted the installer, and installed. Yet on first attempt, I had this exact issue. Now after try to resolve the issue I repeated the process, exactly the same with the only difference being this time I did not delete pun addon first. And then it worked. This is one odd one, but I suggest doing the same as I did. I swear it said 3.0.8 but gave me 3.0.7 on my first attempt.

So i manage to "fix" by copying the needed files from other project on v3.0.7 to the project with v3.0.8.

Some files changed, the package manager shows 3.0.8, but on the Opsive editor Main Manager, shows 3.0.7, that number should increase?

I'm also having the same jittery problem, seems like is only on the master client when using the Pun addon, maybe i'm wrong but i can double check this information

So i manage to "fix" by copying the needed files from other project on v3.0.7 to the project with v3.0.8.

Some files changed, the package manager shows 3.0.8, but on the Opsive editor Main Manager, shows 3.0.7, that number should increase?

I'm also having the same jittery problem, seems like is only on the master client when using the Pun addon, maybe i'm wrong but i can double check this information
Happening in offline too mate, working with @Justin on this as we speak

The Character Manager should say version 3.0.8. I am also uploading a new version that fixes the jitter issues. To verify that you have this version you should see the following in SimulationManager.FixedUpdate:

Code:
            MoveKinematicObjects();
            MoveCharacters(true);
            RotateCameras();
            MoveCharacters(false);
            MoveCameras();

I will edit this post as soon as the version is live on the Asset Store. Thanks for baring with me through all of these changes - I think that we have it now.

Edit: The latest version has been released.

Last edited:
I will edit this post as soon as the version is live on the Asset Store. Thanks for baring with me through all of these changes - I think that we have it now.
Mate its a HUGE asset and of course still early stages. Doing well so far and this stiff will be encountered, it is just great to know your on the ball mate!

The Character Manager should say version 3.0.8. I am also uploading a new version that fixes the jitter issues. To verify that you have this version you should see the following in SimulationManager.FixedUpdate:

Code:
            MoveKinematicObjects();
            MoveCharacters(true);
            RotateCameras();
            MoveCharacters(false);
            MoveCameras();

Edit: The latest version has been released.
This fixed the Jitter issue? I'm still having some weird jittering on the camera..

This fixed the Jitter issue? I'm still having some weird jittering on the camera..
Yes, it does. Please create a separate post with the steps to reproduce from a fresh project if you are still experiencing the issue. Also make sure you have the lines that I specified in the quoted post.