Version 2 upgrade

jokers44life

So i purchased this asset when it launched my question is simple why did i pay i believe 200? 250 or something for a asset that is deprecated so fast?????? i haven't touched it in a while but why is this a thing and why did you decide to just charge another 250........

i also want to point out i have bought almost every product opsive sells all addons this is insane to see the massive purchase i made is already not supported i would love to discuss this with somone from opsive but i cant simply say i will not invest in opsive products and nor could i recommend anyone to them anymore it seems everythings a addon and a grab... sad ive always clearly supported and enjoyed opsive products.

I grabbed UCC because it was top of the line new system oH WOW we are excited........ so i sprung to get the best of the best but you have all the other controllers out there still upgrading the investment the customers pay into

Version 2 of the character controller was supported for more than 4 years and went through ~45 free updates. Version 3 is a major improvement from version 2 that we spent almost a year on. You can see all of the changes on this page:

If you don't want any of those features or continued support you do not need to upgrade. These paid upgrades help make the Asset Store more sustainable.

justin you understand 250 is not a small amount for a asset on the asset store this is bad for opsive the more i keep looking into this issue i find more and more consumers raising the issue and id have to say i completely side although i do hear where you are coming from but look at any other assets in the wheelhouse of UCC look at the asset you guys purchased and how long that was #1 and how long it was supported.... this is crazy no way can i justify 250 for a asset that is going to just end up with your same response that really low for you to treat your customer base like this again i own or should say owned all of your assets lets talk about how many are depreicated now i know this is a thing and in some cases it has to be done. when you purchased the original and started working to remake a 2nd version in the same glory it was clear to all of the consumers of the first version that WE NEEDED A WHOLE REWORK on the system it made sense.Then you launched version 2 and bam 5 or so addons UFPS UTPS UCC omg but them all this is like pokemon or somthing???? so i got UCC IN GOOD FAITH opsive had me a consumer in good intentions clearly was wrong... justify the addons the massive amount of addons to behavier designer explain the massive amount of addons to ALLLLLLL of version 2 EXPLAIN to me why you decided to put V2 in a sale just before you decide to release V3 explain

There is a thread about this here:

The version 2 sale was 8 months before version 3. At that time we didn't know when version 3 would be released.

pretty sour right on jason looks good glad you had your v 3 launch sad you dont care about the consumer but congrats on your launch.
Odd how other big players like lets look at hmmm procedural worlds they made gaia pro was very similar to v2 to v3 i guess well i own just about all of there products you know what they did they upgraded those to gaia pro because it help keep them in good standing with the consumer good opsive deprecation lets look at your branding now image is bad and i can only hope those who go to purchase your product see the posts about opsive deprecation

Procedural Worlds does paid upgrades as well. I've talked to Adam a lot and we both are in agreement that the standard Asset Store income doesn't allow a business to grow. We are both close to releasing projects outside of the Asset Store and having paid upgrades really help make those projects possible. If you're interested we're releasing Omni Animation, an AI generated high fidelity animation service.