Version 2.4 and Add-On Updates

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The link below has information on the latest version of the character controller. This update made many file location changes so be sure you first remove the Opsive/Shared and Opsive/UltimateCharacterController folders before importing.

The following add-ons were also updated:

Last edited:
After the update, all footsteps sounds now play in 2D. Footstep sounds are now audible throughout the map.
And the Min / Max Volume and Min / Max Pitch values in the Surface Effect component are generally incomprehensible how they work, everything is mixed and wrong. For example, when you change the volume, for some reason, it is not the volume that changes, but the pitch.

After update, thousands of errors!!!
Don't you test the Asset in every way before launching the update? This is very boring! We are customers and we pay dearly for assets. We are not paid to test anything.

After the update, all footsteps sounds now play in 2D. Footstep sounds are now audible throughout the map.
And the Min / Max Volume and Min / Max Pitch values in the Surface Effect component are generally incomprehensible how they work, everything is mixed and wrong. For example, when you change the volume, for some reason, it is not the volume that changes, but the pitch.
I was able to reproduce both issues and will have it fixed in 2.4.1.

After update, thousands of errors!!!
Don't you test the Asset in every way before launching the update? This is very boring! We are customers and we pay dearly for assets. We are not paid to test anything.
Make sure you follow the release notes when updating. You'll need to make sure you first remove the opsive folder before importing. If you are still receiving errors please post them here.

Last edited:
I also noticed that the sounds that are created when interacting in SurfaceEffect are also 2D. Shouldn't they be in 3D?
1634160235963.png

On the Audio Manager you can specify a default prefab to use for the AudioSource. This way you can set it to use a 3D audio source. In the next version I'll have it add the 3D prefab by default.