Version 2.2 no Installer

Syphon

When I import Version 2.2 (April 14, 2020) for Third Person Controller the Installer window is not displayed. The only things that seem to happen are the Opsive -> Installer folder is imported and the Tools menu appears. However, clicking on Tools does does nothing, so no Manager. If I click on the "ThirdPersonController" file it will import the Shared and UltimateCharacterController folders.

Tried on brand new games with TPS as the first/only asset, both with .NET 4.x set before importing and after.

Unity 2019.3.7f1

Are you getting any compiler errors? So if you try it on a new project it still doesn't appear when you click Installer from the tools menu?

I just tried a fresh package from the Asset Store with 2019.3 and it appeared so it looks like there is something specific about your setup. Try removing the Asset Store cache of the Third Person Controller and redownloading it to ensure that you are getting the latest - 2.2 has been updated a couple of times as I've worked out these immediate issues.

The Tool menu button only blinks blue when I click on it, a menu is not displayed.

In a new game I tried a fresh download of TPC, imported it and received the first image (Import Unity Package). Clicked Import, the Opsive folder and Tool menu button were imported, second image. However, the Tool button still only blinks when I click on it.

Double clicking on the ThirdPersonController file opens the importer window for the entire asset, third image.
I'm using macOS 10.15.4

Continued in next post.

1586914712551.png

1586914859322.png

1586915087437.png

After the TPC asset installs I receive 265 warnings, no errors, below image. The Tools menu still doesn't work.

The ThirdPersonControllerDemo runs fine. However, it does throw 40 different "Please create a button mapping within the Unity Input Manager" errors.

1586915888697.png

It looks like things are working as expected. Those import warnings/errors are described here:

I was not worried about the errors, I assumed they were normal. I am just trying to provide as much information from my set up as possible. The Tool button is still not displaying its menu. Is there another way to access the the items it contains and/or display the Installer window?

You need the tools menu in order to get to the editors. If it's not showing up then there is something else going wrong. I've only seen the tools menu not work if you are receiving compiler errors. It doesn't look like you are though. This is also a fresh project? Do you have another computer you can try it on as a sanity check?

Edit: If you also send your complete project to support@opsive.com I can take a look at it.

Hi I have the same Issue you are having. I am on 2019.3.9f1. This problem started on 2019.3.4f1 and I updated Unity and troubleshooted with: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/TroubleShootingEditor.html

For me the only "editor scripts" working is Under Assets->Create-> UCC.
My tools menu has other packages working just not UCC.

I don't have compiler errors and tried a fresh project with the newest version of Unity.

Hi
I fixed the issue, I removed the installer folder from under Opsive.
Restarting computer and opening Unity again. It works now for the 2019.3.9f1 version.
Thanks drock577 that worked!!
Justin, before doing that I uninstalled FPC, Unity and Hub then restarted my computer (iMac) and started a new game with a fresh download and import of FPC and that did not help.
I installed Unity and FPC on my MacAir and it worked fine.

Version 2.2f2 was released and this update should just fix this no installer issue. Please let me know if the menus continue to misbehave after installing this update.