Version 2.1 Release

It looks like the Ultimate Character Controller and UFPM are currently stuck being released. I've contacted Unity Support so they can give them a little push.

Wait - so 2.1 is on the store but earlier in this post you said something about 2.1.1??? Confusticated... As in "Ah, I see now. Thanks, this has been fixed in 2.1.1. "

Wait - so 2.1 is on the store but earlier in this post you said something about 2.1.1??? Confusticated... As in "Ah, I see now. Thanks, this has been fixed in 2.1.1. "
Version 2.1 is on the store now, version 2.1.1 is in development.

Version 2.1 is on the store now, version 2.1.1 is in development.
So should I use the asset store version, or does it still have the issue that CHrisK mentioned in post 38 where you said version 2.1.1 fixed it in post 39?

I am trying to use the the new resize feature which lets the colliders to be adjusted automatically, and it is really very cool. One issue that seems to occur is that when I resize the character after 1.5x size it starts vibrating up and down. I did not replicate this in a clean scene, but it seems to be consistent. I will try to play around with individual colliders to fix this.

I am trying to use the the new resize feature which lets the colliders to be adjusted automatically, and it is really very cool. One issue that seems to occur is that when I resize the character after 1.5x size it starts vibrating up and down. I did not replicate this in a clean scene, but it seems to be consistent. I will try to play around with individual colliders to fix this.

I was able to temporarily fix this by changing UCC Locomotion>Physics>Use Gravity>Gravity Modifier to 0. I guess when the character grows and if the step height remains the same the regular idle animation may trigger a temporary fall effect if there is gravity. I turned off the fall ability for this case also.

Update: I also just noticed that when character is made larger he also does not seem to be able to walk on a nevmesh surface using BD. A 3x AI character was playing the walking animation without changing its transform and then I decreased the size back to 1x during play time and the character started moving right away.

Last edited:
So should I use the asset store version, or does it still have the issue that CHrisK mentioned in post 38 where you said version 2.1.1 fixed it in post 39?

Definitely! It has the issue ChrisK mentioned but it's a pretty minor issue and every version up to 2.1.1 had that issue.

Let me know if you are able to reproduce this and I'll take a look.

Update: I also just noticed that when character is made larger he also does not seem to be able to walk on a nevmesh surface using BD. A 3x AI character was playing the walking animation without changing its transform and then I decreased the size back to 1x during play time and the character started moving right away.
I'll try that out.