Vault Ability

mrchrissross

Really liking the agility pack so far. I've found that there is a better flow of movement if you make the vault ability automatic taking away the need to press space upon getting close enough to the vault obstacle. Before making it automatic, I simply found myself more often than not, jumping over the obstacle rather than vaulting over it.

Anyway I've come across an issue when creating a new scene and using the vault ability, unlike the demo scene where the vault works really really well, the character in this new scene, does the animation but stays in place. I've found that this only happens if I'm holding the forward key (W), if I let go of the W key during the animation the ability will work. However if I hold it the animation will play once or twice and then stop and the character becomes locked or unable to move at all. Any help would be much appreciated!

Glad that you're enjoying the Agility Pack!

Are you using the same animations between scenes? This sounds like it could be related to root motion. The vault ability requires root motion to be enabled (you can force the override under the General foldout of the ability).

I currently have Root Motion Position set to true just like the agility demo scene. When I directly copy & the demo scene Nolan to the test scene, he works perfectly too.

I've tried to copy the demo character as much as I possibly can :confused:

If Nolan works then it does sound like it is one setting that you are missing.

Beyond the ability vault sets a state which is then used by CharacterIK. Did you make sure to set that?

I did forget to add the additional states to the character IK however it unfortunately hasn't resolved the issue. Would you like me to take a video of it?

Could this be a failure of the animation event to disable horizontal collisions? have you looked at the animation event debugs during the vault?

For me also its not working one side it will work another side if I press the jump button its walking and after that you cannot do any other action.