V1.0.4 coming soon

FastSkillTeam

In the next update, you'll be able to utilise UCC item setup for vehicle weapons, adding all the cool features a character weapon has like recoil and ammunition consumption.
The third person aiming will also never need adjustment with this new setup. The aiming resembles character weapon aiming and aim assit can be used also.
It also allows for raycast shooting instead of being limited to projectiles as previous versions have been.
The code is done and now due for online testing and tuning, along with some documentation to do to go with it. I am hoping to have this update out within the next week or two, stay tuned.

It has been a while! but many updates have been released, and anyone that purchased on site, will have received an email for each. All the way up to 1.3.0 now, and 1.3.0 is required for Helicopter System if you are one of those that purchased it. Anyone that purchased from asset store should of also been notified of each update up until 1.3.0 which is currently waiting approval from asset store.

I have a question about the vehicles that driven by AI in the video. Is there an AI vehicle script comes with this addon? Or is it just something you used only to record the video? Also I am currently not intending to use a third party car controller, only the Opsive Skycar (although its very incomplete, lack some of the very basic functionalities). When you say No car controller is needed for this asset, then there must be something comes with it, is this the Opsive Skycar?

It means it works between all controllers basically as a bridge. I comes with a Jeep, an army Tank, a fixed machine gun turret, and airship/bomber, and in the latest update a jet. The ai is standard unity ai car controller. The vehicles all use standard unity car controller, but if you have RCC there's also all the same vehicle setup with that. And Rcc also has it own ai system for vehicles. Which is in the demo also.

Whatver you see you get. There is no fake advertising here :)
Thanks for explaining! Not doubting what we see is what we get, just curious about the parts in there. For me stability and polishness is more important. Usually some features in any given package don't hold up in vicious playtestings. I intend to buy this later after V3 UCC dust is settled. Just for the enhancements added to the exiting vehicle in UCC. Won't use any other third party vehicle controller.

I see you are working on air vehicles, would be nice to have a motor bike though.

Motorbike is coming soon to the base asset(along with more ground vehicles like snowmobile), Heli will have more UI layouts and helicopters added as time goes on. If you purchase the v2 version be happy, as when I release v3 it will be free for all that own v2 version anyway and vice versa :) As for polishness, do not expect the models to be of a highly detailed standard, this is not a visually based asset. The models are made well enough to display functionality and that is thhat. Although code and editing wise, which the asset is designed for (creating your own setups) is quite well polished, heavily commented and will certainly speed up your development process.

Motorbike is coming soon to the base asset(along with more ground vehicles like snowmobile), Heli will have more UI layouts and helicopters added as time goes on. If you purchase the v2 version be happy, as when I release v3 it will be free for all that own v2 version anyway and vice versa :) As for polishness, do not expect the models to be of a highly detailed standard, this is not a visually based asset. The models are made well enough to display functionality and that is thhat. Although code and editing wise, which the asset is designed for (creating your own setups) is quite well polished, heavily commented and will certainly speed up your development process.
Alright sounds good. We don't use art assets come with tool packages as we make our own, understand they are there to demonstrate the functionalities. On the other hand, functionalities should be well thought for all scenarios, an example is: Can player enter/exit vehicles in all environments without frustration. Sounds simple right? Well, as is, if you playtest the UCC car, you can get stuck within minutes in tight corner, near walls, uneven terrains ... As you know, this could almost never happened in BF. Because its game breaking. These are the polishness we are talking about, don't need lots of things, but what's there have to work as intended under all circumstances.

Modifying your code directly is an option, but its never desirable in an constantly maintained package that is being overwritten. Ideally these things work well to an extend already.

Sure
Can player enter/exit vehicles in all environments without frustration. Sounds simple right? Well, as is, if you playtest the UCC car, you can get stuck within minutes in tight corner
What playtest? USC? Yeah can enter while parachuting even, like battlefield. So yes any environment.

Sure

What playtest? USC? Yeah can enter while parachuting even, like battlefield. So yes any environment.
Our playtests, its a term that teams of people testing the game countless hrs. I give you the benefit of doubt if its any where nearly as intuitive when exit/enter vehicles as BF. again, it sound too simple, but I can find places in the world easy break this function. You can't ask the player not to do that, because it allows player to. As designer we plug these kind of holes. I am very familiar with BF .. at a development level, without going off topic .. so good luck!

Break what function? Please explain. I haven't had anyone complain about any functions yet. So if your so sceptical, for a mere 15 bucks you get pretty much a battlefield system...

Ah
Break what function? Please explain. I haven't had anyone complain about any functions yet. So if your so sceptical, for a mere 15 bucks you get pretty much a battlefield system...
I see you mean the UCC car, but in fact it shouldn't happen for that, in my asset I did do some workaround for this kind of thing anyway, USC has been developed with all situations considered, just like battlefield but with extra options. The vehicles in USC allow any angle without failure. You can have animated entry if you like or instantly, or semi instantly. The helicopter system addon accounts for ground normal for landings too. You even get a parachute ability (skydive able too) included in the base asset.
And hey if you find anything that should be improved, or any suggestions at all, just fire away :) I am all for making this system as good as can be!

Ah

I see you mean the UCC car, but in fact it shouldn't happen for that, in my asset I did do some workaround for this kind of thing anyway, USC has been developed with all situations considered, just like battlefield but with extra options. The vehicles in USC allow any angle without failure. You can have animated entry if you like or instantly, or semi instantly. The helicopter system addon accounts for ground normal for landings too. You even get a parachute ability (skydive able too) included in the base asset.
And hey if you find anything that should be improved, or any suggestions at all, just fire away :) I am all for making this system as good as can be!
Wait a bit until some other tools sorted out UCC 3 is one of them. 15$ for a useful tool on a game project is more than worthed, as lots of the Assets Store purchases are never used anyway (some developers here can relate to that).

Will submit bugs when encountered, its part of development to iron things out. People don't report bugs doesn't mean there aren't any, only haven't get to that point.

Wait a bit until some other tools sorted out UCC 3 is one of them. 15$ for a useful tool on a game project is more than worthed, as lots of the Assets Store purchases are never used anyway (some developers here can relate to that).

Will submit bugs when encountered, its part of development to iron things out. People don't report bugs doesn't mean there aren't any, only haven't get to that point.
In all honesty I should of priced it higher, it is insane good and I am proud of it. I always do and will keep on top of any bugs found, user submissions that are informative are always only a huge help, never a hinderence :) if you own the v2 version you know you'll get v3 version free right? ?