Using UCC with Gaia Pro 2021

Hey everyone,

I've got a question about using the UCC with Gaia Pro 2021.

Basically Gaia Pro 2021 has got an excellent camera function called FlyCam. It allows me to fly around the scene with the camera and makes checking out stuff in Game Mode really fast. However, when I want to use my character with UCC I am having to manually turn off the FlyCam so that UCC has control over the camera. When I then disable the character (Nolan) and reenable the FlyCam in Gaia Pro I can then control the FlyCam. However, the camera is in a different position (which makes sense as they are two separate assets) and I was wondering if there's a better way of using both of these functions? I can't help but feel I'm making more work for myself and I really don't want to stop using the FlyCam as it's so useful.

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on using both of these assets together?

Many thanks and sorry if I haven't explained this very well. ?

Last edited:
I have the older version of Gaia. I think the FlyCam is just a quick and dirty way to view the stamped and generated terrain. What is your objective in your project, do you want to start with a UCC controlled character and have an ability that they can activate to fly round the level? If so, I’d suggest integrating UCC with Cinemachine.

Or do you just want to keep the ability to fly around in game mode for debug purposes? If so, you could deactivate the UCC character and activate the FlyCam when you enter a debug mode in your game.