Using fps mesh tool with first person controller

b152349

I already sent this to the opsive support email but they said the integration is managed but the author of the fps mesh tool so I'm hoping someone else here might have done what I'm trying to do.

I'm having an issue following FPS Mesh tool's documentation for using with First Person Controller. It says "Complete the setup, then add the UCCFPSMaterialController component to your character."

But when I try to add that controller by dragging and dropping it in the character's inspector, Unity complains that the class isn't found. I looked at the class and it seems to require that both the first person and third person controller are imported which to me makes no sense, as this is a first person mesh tool and opsive's page for First Person Controller lists FPS mesh tool as integrated.

Has anyone had success with these two tools? I just wanted to split up a model and use it with this controller but apparently because of the format (skeleton) of the fps mesh tool it's incompatible with the controller and needs that UCCFPSMaterialController to do the work. A video or guide detailing this whole process would be invaluable but all I've found is bits and pieces or apparently incorrect instructions.